Norman new 6 site phase II system

Status
Not open for further replies.

WXVOST

Premium Subscriber
This new radio system and the release of the SDS200 may make a decent combination for a new broadcastify live stream. We've been without a Cleveland County fire scanner (online) for several months now, so I may take the plunge.

jwyke

Premium Subscriber
Have heard regular NPD traffic on TG 64003...especially in the afternoon/evening. I sure hope they are still in the "adjustment" phase, because the system sounds BAD. I have monitored OMAC (also a P25, Phase II system), and there is NO COMPARISON in quality.... so far. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed. Anyone else been listening? Comments??

n5bew1

Have heard regular NPD traffic on TG 64003...especially in the afternoon/evening. I sure hope they are still in the "adjustment" phase, because the system sounds BAD. I have monitored OMAC (also a P25, Phase II system), and there is NO COMPARISON in quality.... so far. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed. Anyone else been listening? Comments??
Jeff what scanner are you using to get the new Norman system they are testing?

Marxhere

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
I have a BCD536HP and am using the quick search function to get to the control freq. I am getting full bars and it does say P25. I have been listening for days and haven't heard anything. I'm not sure if this is the correct way to listen. I'm also aware that they are just testing it but I am just wondering how people are hearing those tests.

Attachments

• 2019-02-04 17.44.58.jpg
    2019-02-04 17.44.58.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 11

jwyke

Premium Subscriber
Jeff what scanner are you using to get the new Norman system they are testing?
Hi, Ken! I am using a Uniden BCD-436HP and a Uniden SDS-100, but most of my monitoring of the new P25 system is with the SDS-100. They just upgraded the firmware to include some special filters I am anxious to try soon, but I want to let them get the system in shape before I get too serious.

n5bew1

OK well I am starting to think about a new scanner to get the new Norman system. I have only dealt with Motorola trunking so I will have a lot to learn I am sure. Thank You.

jwyke

Premium Subscriber
OK well I am starting to think about a new scanner to get the new Norman system. I have only dealt with Motorola trunking so I will have a lot to learn I am sure. Thank You.
Ken... I like my BCD-436, but I LOVE the SDS-100! The display is AMAZING!
That said... you may want to wait until Whistler announces it's new scanner. We have been expecting an announcement since the beginning of the year... nothing yet. I think they are taking a hard look at the SDS-100, with hopes of exceeding it's performance and/or features.... we'll see. They are being VERY quiet about it so far.... My guess is that they will come out with something just as boring as their previous scanners. The SDS-100 is going to be awfully hard to beat.... and now the mobile version is coming out (SDS-200).

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
So.. Is the Norman system online and has anyone heard any traffic? If so, what TGs?

I guess I need to program this into my scanner and G4..

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Is this system on the DB yet? I thought I saw it a while back but cant seem to locate it now???

plaws

Premium Subscriber
So.. Is the Norman system online and has anyone heard any traffic? If so, what TGs?

Still testing. I did catch a couple non-testing (maybe) TGs the other day with tech traffic, 3102 and 3109. Others have all been just above 64000 which I am told are typical of temporary TGs used by Harris installers.

jwyke

Premium Subscriber

Read the previous posts and you will have a clearer idea about what's going on.....

jwyke

Premium Subscriber
Is this system on the DB yet? I thought I saw it a while back but cant seem to locate it now???

Previous posts are available to read, and will give you information about frequencies and some talkgroups being used for testing. It is not in the RR database yet because the system is still in the 'build' stage.

Marxhere

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
I have been hearing lots of testing today. Mostly Tg 3604. The audio seems to be getting a little better. I also heard some Norman Pd traffic last night.

Attachments

• 2019-02-12_17-06-11.png
    2019-02-12_17-06-11.png
    332.6 KB · Views: 16

jwyke

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing lots of testing today. Mostly Tg 3604. The audio seems to be getting a little better. I also heard some Norman Pd traffic last night.
Good! Maybe they're getting closer to getting the system live. My company has been advised that our Techs will be installing some equipment for the University of Oklahoma here very soon.... (on the same system).

jwyke

Premium Subscriber
Well, we just may have our first active Talkgroup! Sanitation Dept is using TG 3501, and the quality is outstanding! Great audio on my SDS100, and I was hearing them clearly in OKC. Also heard the Techs testing installations on TG3502... so looks like it's starting to take shape. It really does sound good... puts the OKWIN system to shame.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
I have been following the other P25 okc system too much to pay attention to this one. Can someone who has been following this submit its data to the database? Interested to see how different the audio from the new norman system to the new okc system vs the OKWIN system I use everyday at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.