Norman new 6 site phase II system

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5bew1

Well I am sure any hole in coverage that occurs if site 40 goes away will be filled in by the OKWIN system Moore water tower site and Lexington somewhat.

Marxhere

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
So I just saw this. They added Moore PD and fire. So I have everything imported into my 536, but it sounds like crap. It doesn't sound like it's encrypted but it sounds very garbled. I broadcast the Moore feed on broadcasify. I hope they keep the old channel active for a while.

Attachments

• 2019-05-14_23-04-42.png
    2019-05-14_23-04-42.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 16

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
So I just saw this. They added Moore PD and fire. So I have everything imported into my 536, but it sounds like crap. It doesn't sound like it's encrypted but it sounds very garbled. I broadcast the Moore feed on broadcasify. I hope they keep the old channel active for a while.

Moore is on the OKWIN system. Tg3119 is likely a link. I dont think they have any plans to change soon unless I missed something???

Marxhere

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
Sorry I always try to avoid posting to boards because I usually say something dumb. I don't know what a link is. I think I need to learn more about this stuff before I try to participate. :)

jwyke

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I always try to avoid posting to boards because I usually say something dumb. I don't know what a link is. I think I need to learn more about this stuff before I try to participate. :)

No need to feel "dumb." None of us learned all this overnight. What he meant by "link" is actually a patch (or feed) from OKWIN to the new system. It's probably not permanent, but who really knows. The Norman system is still 'settling in.' Never feel bashful to post or ask questions! We're ALL learning!

plaws

Premium Subscriber
No need to feel "dumb." None of us learned all this overnight. What he meant by "link" is actually a patch (or feed) from OKWIN to the new system. It's probably not permanent, but who really knows. The Norman system is still 'settling in.' Never feel bashful to post or ask questions! We're ALL learning!

No, no. I knew *nothing* yesterday and today I know *everything*.

The patches from OKWIN to Norman P25 are terrible and that applies whether or not its a Norman OKWIN group that is still split or if it's another agency's OKWIN group. No idea how these work technically, but it may be the case that they are P25 -> Analog -> P25 which will never sound good. Ever. If the bridge/patch/link/feed/crossover transcodes the digital signal from one format to the other, I'd expect there to be no difference in a "patched" signal and a "native" signal. Since that's not what we're hearing, I suspect it's being demodulated then remodulated.

Also, too, consumer scanners rarely sound as good as professional P25 radios (regardless of vendor).

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Decided to monitor the system this evening after taking a break and from when it first went live to now is a big difference. Audio sounds soooo much better and not nearly as "digital" as it once sounded. The exception is the FD tones. Hopefully the improvements and tweeks made to this system will help when OKC joins in.

n5bew1

I went by Norman's radio tower on 108th near Falls school a couple days ago and I was surprised to see Norman took down the existing guyed 300 foot tower and put a self-supporting tower like are at 84th and highway 9, Jenkins and highway 9 and I suppose the tower at 156th. The guyed tower was what 10 years old?? I guess with dedicated sales tax they just went all out.

Marxhere

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
@Turner101 I agree I decided to check just a couple days ago and it is sounding great! Both with my sds200 and hp536 scanners. Crossing fingers it continues.

n5bew1

It seems Norman's OKWIN site 40 is off the air or at least isn't relaying anything from Norman's P-25 system.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what the TG belong to that are showing up outside of the 3xxx range. I.e 303059, 505686 ect?
I have been neglecting listening/monitoring norman and just recently started to monitor them with SDR and I am seeing TG ID's popping up im not familiar with.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what the TG belong to that are showing up outside of the 3xxx range. I.e 303059, 505686 ect?
I have been neglecting listening/monitoring norman and just recently started to monitor them with SDR and I am seeing TG ID's popping up im not familiar with.

Disregard, that is data. I overlooked that part.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Been spending some time down in Norman the last couple weeks. The audio sounds like crap on my BCD536. No issues with other Oklahoma Phase II systems I’ve monitored.

jwyke

Premium Subscriber
Been spending some time down in Norman the last couple weeks. The audio sounds like crap on my BCD536. No issues with other Oklahoma Phase II systems I’ve monitored.
I have noticed the same thing. Not sure what's going on.....

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
still sounding the same for you guys? Im using the 436 at the moment and it sounds about the same to me but I havent been listening for the past week or so.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
still sounding the same for you guys? Im using the 436 at the moment and it sounds about the same to me but I havent been listening for the past week or so.

I'll post them later (not near the radio room) but I ran Unitrunker against Site 40 during the game today. I have all the bridges/links/whatever between the (active) OKWIN Norman groups and the Norman P25 system. Noticed that OUPD and CCSO seem to still be on OKWIN and not the Norman system since all their traffic isn't all going through the same RID. Need to review my ProScan log of the Norman P25 system, too.

I was kind of hoping that the Norman stuff was still analog and was patched into the new system but that doesn't appear to be the case. No idea why it sounds rough.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
From football monitoring, I think I can say with some confidence that these are the links to OKWIN's SMA channels. 1-J and 1-M were busy and matched up fine, the others are extrapolations.

3317 - OKWIN: SMA 1-A​
3318 - OKWIN: SMA 1-B​
3319 - OKWIN: SMA 1-C​
3320 - OKWIN: SMA 1-D​
3321 - OKWIN: SMA 1-E​
3322 - OKWIN: SMA 1-F​
3323 - OKWIN: SMA 1-G​
3324 - OKWIN: SMA 1-H​
3325 - OKWIN: SMA 1-I​
3326 - OKWIN: SMA 1-J*​
3327 - OKWIN: SMA 1-K​
3328 - OKWIN: SMA 1-L​