Norman new 6 site phase II system

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
3112 - Parking Enforcement may be in there somewhere but otherwise this is Animal Welfare. (units are 80s)
3290 - security at one of the hospitals
3291 - engineering at one of the hospitals (likely the same as above).

plaws

Premium Subscriber
3519 appears to be transit-related. *Sounds* like it's the Norman division of EMBARK and not CART.

If you aren't paying attention -- and really, why would you? -- the previous president of OU insisted that the "city routes" that the city was paying OU to run (since OU was running buses anyway) should be terminated or given to the city. The city stepped up and contracted those routes out to EMBARK, the "dba" that COTPA runs buses under. This eliminated the economies of scale that both OU and Norman had been enjoying for years and will, in some future accounting, be shown to cost both agencies more to operate on a per-passenger basis. He fired most of the landscapers, too, and now everyone complains about how ugly the campus has become. But he "did what had to be done". Or something.

Regardless, two different transit systems now. And I *think* 3519 is the Norman part.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
You're an ideal candidate for the Comet CH32 Miracle Baby antenna!
Amazon.com: Comet Original CH32 CH-32 144/440/900 MHz Tri-Band Miracle Baby Handheld Antenna - BNC Connector: Electronics

31W203ZTA9L.jpg

More than enough for the close tower, and the smaller size may help minimize interference from the more distant towers. This is a case where less is better. I'm in the midst of a 9 tower system and it works great for me!

I turned on the attenuation on the new OKC system and it seems to improve satisfactory the reception as I drive around. It may be cutting out some transmissions, but what I don’t know doesn’t hurt me!

plaws

Premium Subscriber
3519 appears to be transit-related. *Sounds* like it's the Norman division of EMBARK and not CART.

If you aren't paying attention -- and really, why would you? -- the previous president of OU insisted that the "city routes" that the city was paying OU to run (since OU was running buses anyway) should be terminated or given to the city. The city stepped up and contracted those routes out to EMBARK, the "dba" that COTPA runs buses under. This eliminated the economies of scale that both OU and Norman had been enjoying for years and will, in some future accounting, be shown to cost both agencies more to operate on a per-passenger basis. He fired most of the landscapers, too, and now everyone complains about how ugly the campus has become. But he "did what had to be done". Or something.

Regardless, two different transit systems now. And I *think* 3519 is the Norman part.

I've been trying to figure out some "unknown" TGIDs on the Norman System (which should be listed as "Norman P25" in the DB but is not and will never be because reasons). 3519 is EMBARK/Norman - no question.

3508 is something related to Utilities (water/sewer) or Public Works but I haven't narrowed it down yet.

I *think* 3112 is shared by NPD's parking enforcement and NPD's animal welfare, but that's still unclear (to me). Why they would share a channel, I have not idea, but probably related to the chronic understaffing at the police dispatch center.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to figure out some "unknown" TGIDs on the Norman System (which should be listed as "Norman P25" in the DB but is not and will never be because reasons). 3519 is EMBARK/Norman - no question.

3508 is something related to Utilities (water/sewer) or Public Works but I haven't narrowed it down yet.

I *think* 3112 is shared by NPD's parking enforcement and NPD's animal welfare, but that's still unclear (to me). Why they would share a channel, I have not idea, but probably related to the chronic understaffing at the police dispatch center.

Oh, and 3215 is likely a bridge to the new EMS dispatch setup in Moore. EMSSTAT is still the contracted provider, but they no longer contract with that other company for dispatch but are dispatched by MPD like MFD is. I'm sure there is a new OKWIN TG, too, but I have been concentrating on the Norman P25.

plaws

Premium Subscriber

Being as it's not February any more, the groundskeepers are out maintaining the irrigation system at the Westwood Park Golf Course on TG 3508. They are very concerned about nozzle type, apparently.

WXVOST

Premium Subscriber
Oh, and 3215 is likely a bridge to the new EMS dispatch setup in Moore. EMSSTAT is still the contracted provider, but they no longer contract with that other company for dispatch but are dispatched by MPD like MFD is. I'm sure there is a new OKWIN TG, too, but I have been concentrating on the Norman P25.

Finally got myself 'back in the game' with an SDS200. Looks like EMSStat and Moore Fire continue to operate on Moore's channels - much the same as they do in Norman. I believe the EMS channel is sparingly used these days (also like Norman).

Status
Not open for further replies.