Norman's bad dispatcher mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5bew1

For the past few months one of Norman's Mics or mic/headset(I don't know what they use )has had a bad connection or bad wire. Their audio breaks up badly when they use it and the usual reply is you're 10-1 and that is usually as far as it goes. Maybe someday they can find out which one has the problem and fix it or trash it.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
For the past few months one of Norman's Mics or mic/headset(I don't know what they use )has had a bad connection or bad wire. Their audio breaks up badly when they use it and the usual reply is you're 10-1 and that is usually as far as it goes. Maybe someday they can find out which one has the problem and fix it or trash it.

Do you have a tapped scanner? If so, you could watch unitrunker and try to figure out which console it was. :)

n5bew1

Do you have a tapped scanner? If so, you could watch unitrunker and try to figure out which console it was. :)

Nope don't. Short of calling 911 and telling them which dispatcher has the problem I don't know and I don't want to disturb their castle for that.

Last edited:

n5bew1

If i ever hear it again, i'll let them know. I havn't noticed the problem in a while and i listen quite often.

Sounds good to me It still pops up some days and you'd have more stroke than a civilian in letting someone know..

n5bew1

Well the guy dispatching for PD tonight just had his audio break up badly at 5:50 PM just about 10 minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.