North and Central GA MIA GSP channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexwo

Premium Subscriber
I'm enjoying my new BCD996P2 and have mostly figured it out. I'm finding a few odd things with the GSP channels, and I am relying on the RadioReference database. Here in Atlanta with a Ringo Ranger RX2b on my roof tuned to 155 MHz, I receive some GSP posts quite far away -- for example, I receive Thomaston, which is far to my south and Blue Ridge which is far to the north. Missing in action, however, are Newnan, Forsyth, LaFayette, Villa Ricca, even though I have these channels programmed into the scanner with the NAC codes listed in the RR database for GSP. That would seem to suggest that RR may have some errors with regard to GSP. Note that Thomaston and Blue Ridge are much farther away from me than Newnan, Forsyth and Villa Ricca. Any insight from you would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Alexwo

Premium Subscriber
Incidentally, I do receive many GSP channels in north and central GA (e.g. Cartersille, Dalton, Griffin) in addition to those I mentioned that are so far to the south and the north of Atlanta.

mjbjr

If you're getting Thomaston, are you getting anything from the posts on Perry?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I live in Byron/Peach County I pick up Perry/Houston County and Dublin haven't tried scanning much of the GSP channels in awhile.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
When I travel through on I 75, I can pick up Perry, Dublin, Tifton, Cordele, Valdosta, Douglas, and Monroe on P25. Thomaston and Griffin are still on analog and I can pick them up with no problem also. However other post repeaters like Madison Post 8 and a few others aren't even being used at this time. I can hear dispatch on CH 4 "154.905 analog base / mobile" talking to units somewhere. Not sure if this is what they are using for the Post 8 area until they make the switch over to their P25 repeater. In a nutshell, it looks like the state's radio system is a complete mess and nightmare for the state leos out in the field risking their life's.

mjbjr

I live in Byron/Peach County I pick up Perry/Houston County and Dublin haven't tried scanning much of the GSP channels in awhile.
What are you.listening on? I'm just up from Byron. What frequencies are listening on?

Alexwo

Premium Subscriber
Dawson, thanks for your reply to my post. I haven't considered that the GSP may not be using some of these channels, yet I'm still wondering where Villa Ricca and Forsyth and Newnan have gone as they were all fairly strong signals when they were on simplex 154.68.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
What are you.listening on? I'm just up from Byron. What frequencies are listening on?

I am listening on a Uniden BCD536HP Desktop/Mobile analog/digital scanner and my antenna is a DPD Productions Omni mil-air antenna that picks up everything close and far away.

Frequencies for GSP I pick up is GSP Perry 155.460, GSP Dublin B 155.5575 GSP Thomaston 159.600, GSP Milledgeville 155.4525, GSP Manchester 154.8825 and picking up possible GSP Jekyll Island 154.115 DMR?

Last edited:

Alexwo

Premium Subscriber
N4CYA, that is very impressive. I hope you are enjoying the BCD536HP. I'm really enjoying the range of the GSP digital channels. After adjusting my antenna today, I am receive clear signals from on the GSP channels from the the Tennessee border all the way down to Thomaston and Manchester. There are a few channels (e.g. Villa Ricca) that are still mysterially missing.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
N4CYA, that is very impressive. I hope you are enjoying the BCD536HP. I'm really enjoying the range of the GSP digital channels. After adjusting my antenna today, I am receive clear signals from on the GSP channels from the the Tennessee border all the way down to Thomaston and Manchester. There are a few channels (e.g. Villa Ricca) that are still mysterially missing.

Yep, I am enjoying the BCD536HP one of the best scanners I've ever owned. That is cool you're getting more signals from the GSP transmissions from dispatch to officers and etc. I live on a hill then on top of a another big hill that improves signal coverage. :D

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Yep, I am enjoying the BCD536HP one of the best scanners I've ever owned. That is cool you're getting more signals from the GSP transmissions from dispatch to officers and etc. I live on a hill then on top of a another big hill that improves signal coverage. :D

I'm scanning GSP right now and can pick up GSP Tifton 154.9125 that is a good distance away from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.