North Branford 153.83

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMike

Premium Subscriber
Just submitted an update for the database regarding North Branford. Here's the gist of it:

Recently started hearing North Branford use 153.83 with a DPL of 024 for fire/ambulance comms. Caught their tone test last night and have heard them dispatch an ambulance on it again today. I have no idea if they have separate ambulance and fire channels etc. so I can't say how it should be tagged at the moment. It is coming in loud and clear here in Guilford who also uses the freq without any PL or DPL so I don't know how Guilford is avoiding hearing it.

Any comments and/or corrections are welcomed and should also be relayed to the Database admin if they can help piece together a more accurate picture that what I've relayed above.

Best,
MikeMike
Guilford

MarkEagleUSA

Could NB be simulcasting? I know they've been checking Branford and Guilford during the nightly tone test on the main frequency 151.190.

GKENY044

Its definately a simulcast of their main frequency. However i was getting a a dpl of 074, it sounds like simplex though, i haven't heard anything but dispatch.

Last edited:

MikeMike

Premium Subscriber
Dpl 074

You're right... I had the DPL wrong (bad memory and bad notes... Oh well). It should be 074 as you stated. As far as I can tell, Guilford still does not use a PL or a DPL on that frequency.

Best,
MikeMike

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I think 153.83 is either the repeater input or could be a new fireground for the department. I'm not sure, just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.