North Carolina MilAir

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
I am looking for any MilAir frequencies for Central North Carolina. I have looked in the WIKI but I was hoping someone here would have some State specific.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Well, our wiki (and database) certainly has a few sources, but it does take some digging....

Assuming you have a good outdoor antenna mounted nice and high (a duckie isn't going to cut it here), some of this just might be able to be heard. It hasn't been updated in a bit, but should, at least be a starting point...

http://milcomeastnc.blogspot.com/

The database shows that NC is covered by the Atlanta, Jacksonville and Washington ARTCC centers. I know the Jacksonville and DC ARTCCs are pretty up to date in our database...

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/ARTCC
(This article is a quick link reference to all the ARTCC centers defined in our DB)

but the Atlanta sector looks to need some updates. Probably one of the better places to find that information would be the Scan Atlanta Yahoo group...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScanAtlanta/

Programming in the UHF freqs for those sites closest to you (some SC sites are in the database - not close, but nearby as a/c flies...) should reveal the various mil flights transversing the area

And getting back to NC specifically, there's a dedicated Yahoo scanning group for that area....

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tarheelscanner/

Of course, the milcom group on qth.net would be a good starting point too. In fact, I wonder if Larry Van Horn is reading this? He's a member here, and I'd put money on him having good freqs for the area. I'd also bet he's got access to the latest FLIPs which were taken out of public circulation some time ago.

73 Mike

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
Glen, Thanks for the response. Yes I have an outdoor anenna and I belong to a couple of yahoo groups, such as the Tarheeel Scanner group, Milradiocomms and Floridamilcom. I have compiled quite a bit of frequencies but nothing NC specific except the Refueling Tracks. I posted a thread in reference to the DOD FLIP but only got two responses. One was nice enought to send me a IFR SUpplement. I am looking for the FLIP Documents maybe by email or on a disc.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Not sure who 'Glen' is, anyway... Rocky Mount has a ZDC frequency of UHF 285.5 (AM mode, of course), according to our database.

73 Mike

BM82557

RMPDCOP said:
I am looking for any MilAir frequencies for Central North Carolina. I have looked in the WIKI but I was hoping someone here would have some State specific.

Don't know if you are close enough but the freqs for the trunked system at SJ AFB are in this thread

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
ka3jjz sorry about the response, I was talking with someone and trying to type at the same time. Thanks for your help.

K4NRG

Greg - I live in the Morehead area. I have an excel file I can send that should give you quite a few listings that you will hear activity on. PM me with your email address. You should also look for VA milair activity. If you have a couple scanners, dedicate one to searching.

bagmouse7

Premium Subscriber
Would you mind also PMing the excel file to me, or posting it to this thread.
I am in NC and I would love to hear more MilAir.
Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
k4nrg i see where you live in the morehead city area that close to new river mcas and cherry pt what ever you have i would also appreciate a copy, there is always something i could have missed thank you bob

K4NRG

Bob - PM me with your email address and I'll send you what I have. I'd like to see what you've got as well if you're in the area...Lots of good listening around here!

K4NRG

Sorry Bagmouse7 I didn't mean to leave you out. I didn't see your post right away. Send me a PM and I'll get you the spreadsheet as well.

SCPD

QRT
k4nrg my email address is bojanglesf9f5@verizon.net ,sorry i took so long to get back with you, i usually go to obx about 5 times a year most of the times i record milcoms mostly navy dare range and the air force side if they are "hot". i usually take the tapes home and listen to them at nights, i dont get much or none at all from new river or cherry pt thats the ones i like to have, i have seen some fregs but i think iam missing some of the action. iam new to r .r. so i dont have my 2052 cable yet to my wifes pc. tnx agn bob

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
I listen to these freqs today.alot of good listen.I live near kings mtn nc.

235.100 refueling
255.400 bull dog moa
276.500 bull dog moa
140.200 bull dog moa
138.475 bull dog moa
279.725 refueling
324.600 refueling
258.400 bull dog moa
141.900 bull dog moa
364.200 refueling

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
255.4 is actually the nationwide Flight Service freq...perhaps they have a stn inside the MOA, but I kinda doubt it. Interesting freqs here, though

73 Mike

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
ka3jjz said:
255.4 is actually the nationwide Flight Service freq...perhaps they have a stn inside the MOA, but I kinda doubt it. Interesting freqs here, though

73 Mike

That is possible.I label those going by what they were talking about at the time.So Iam sure you may be right on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.