North Carolina New License Grants

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
If you have a sample of how you want it to look, I can try to create a template in Excel for you.

Appreciate the offer, but speaking to several people who subscribe to it, we think we are leaving it as is. It was felt that the current format makes it easier for people who want to use it as a csv file for scanner imports.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
May 9th update:
Due to FCC system used for this information being down, the new grants will be delayed until later today or tomorrow.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
CORRECTED VERSION OF LIST, sorry for the mistake still getting used to it.

Attachments

• 05092020 NC License Grant.pdf
    458.9 KB · Views: 29

reconrider8

The kinston license says Radios will be used to coordinate daily operations and provide communication. On 72 mhz lol thats on the fcc license

spacellamaman

The kinston license says Radios will be used to coordinate daily operations and provide communication. On 72 mhz lol thats on the fcc license
\
the definitions of "coordinate daily operations and provide communication" are very flexible to say the least. the time clocks are interesting due to the fairly wide useage in fairly random areas. for me there are a couple of high schools and at least one hospital in my normal travel range that use em.

there is also the aspect of skip which occurs occasionally, much to my dismay. the signals are a constant-on data stream, very memorable (for that period to which you can still think after ha ing listened to one for 5+ minutes) and unmistakable, and if i am searching 30-87mhz unattended, well i end up with a lot of useless audio. i have to use search and store in those instances.

nice thing is at least there is a easy way to test various antennas suitability for the upper range of "low band".

oh and one other useage i have found in at least one instance is a local church that is in "open mike" configuration 24hrs a day. its a shame such a wonderful little bug is in a place with very little "juicy" stuff to hear.... mag mount with a 48" inch whip allows me to sit in my car 1+miles away with all woods in between.

kb4mdz

oh and one other useage i have found in at least one instance is a local church that is in "open mike" configuration 24hrs a day. its a shame such a wonderful little bug is in a place with very little "juicy" stuff to hear.... mag mount with a 48" inch whip allows me to sit in my car 1+miles away with all woods in between.

It may be part of an assistive listening system for the hard of hearing. It's really one of the reasons that a lot of older folks leave churches, because as their hearing deteriorates their engagement with their church suffers, and the feel isolated, sometimes they feel actively isolated.

spacellamaman

It may be part of an assistive listening system for the hard of hearing. It's really one of the reasons that a lot of older folks leave churches, because as their hearing deteriorates their engagement with their church suffers, and the feel isolated, sometimes they feel actively isolated.

i bet you are right, i had forgotten about that. when i was a kid my church had wired mikes, and a wireless system for "the hard-of-hearing" as it was explained to me. bet it was the same type thing. tho i know they cut theirs off after the seervice:0

kb4mdz

i bet you are right, i had forgotten about that. when i was a kid my church had wired mikes, and a wireless system for "the hard-of-hearing" as it was explained to me. bet it was the same type thing. tho i know they cut theirs off after the seervice:0

Your church must have been very progressive in this; it's not very common, even tho the problem exists in surely most churches in the US. My own church, barely 30 years old, only recently got a system (donation by a member) about 5 years ago. It's one of those simple 'services for the disabled' that makes life better for those people, like wheelchair accessible doors and restrooms, etc.

And it's always important to mute the pastor's mic when they head out of the sanctuary, for example, to the restroom. :-D

spacellamaman

Your church must have been very progressive in this; it's not very common, .....

And it's always important to mute the pastor's mic when they head out of the sanctuary, for example, to the restroom. :-D

well i am pretty sure my dad likely sold and installed the system, he was always fiddling with it. he had his own radio/alarm/electronics business.

not that he ever remembered to mute any sort of mike while trying to work on stuff though. usually he would be faaarr away from where the speakers were located, having me standing near the speaker in question holding a jobcomm radio or something, looking like an officious youngster doing the "can you hear me now?" game. "i can now dad, thats what i have been saying, everyone else can hear ya too..."

if cursing in church is a no-no, doing so amplified......

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Two thoughts:

interesting to see that CITY OF WILMINGTON POLICE DEPARTMENT uhf lic

and that must be one heck of a hunt club. i thought hunt clubs were were supposed to use marine radios :)

I was thinking what on Earth could they be using on uhf. Shows to be the audio link for the bomb diffusing robot. They have a 2.4GHz license as well for the video link.

spacellamaman

I was thinking what on Earth could they be using on uhf. Shows to be the audio link for the bomb diffusing robot. They have a 2.4GHz license as well for the video link.

ahh gotcha, i remember coming across one of those for some other dept in the past.

course it seems kinda silly having an audio link. odds are the BOOOOOM will carry for some distance :)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend, please remember, even with the easing of restrictions around the country, stay safe!

Below is this weeks (05/16 to 05/23/2020) NC license grants. If you would like to receive this list weekly by email you may subscribe here NC License Grants Email Subscription Sign Up

Attachments

• 05232020 NC License Grant.pdf
    73.4 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.