North Carolina VIPER

Status
Not open for further replies.

nc59ham

Premium Subscriber
North Carolina is in the process of upgrading it's VIPER system to P25. As I understand that is now taking place in my area which is Caldwell County and I am hearing nothing on local talkgroups. Any ideas on how long it takes for updates to appear on the database?

REVREID

help please

i have lost almost all traffic on viper here in davidson county. i was also wandering if any one knew when the data base will be upgraded.i have a home patrol.i checked the viper p 25 data base-nothing yet for this area. any clue??thanks

nc59ham

Premium Subscriber
Not sure about Home Patrol. The database will eventually be updated and you can download the updated info for your area. I just don't know when that will happen. On my scanner I have inserted a "Wildcard" into my scan list so I am picking up all in my area. Just don't have all the ID's verified and don't really have time to do that. But it works until the database is updated.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Uniden updates the Master Database weekly on Mondays.
So any changes this week will show up on next Mondays Master
database download.
Patience is required as this is a gradual update process that will take some
time to have all of the accurate information updated in the database.
In a statewide radio system like VIPER you don't flip a switch and everything
immediately changes.
Patience folks, thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

REVREID

question

just one question-when the data base is updated for home patrol-will i see viper p 25 on the home patrol-i e- will it be totally differnt from viper? i know that when i updated-rowan it had a whole new thing on the home patrol.it said salisbury p 25. just wandering what to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.