North Charleston moved to digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith29180

Starting on 7/23/08 North Charleston moved all police comms to the Countys digital system.
Talkgroups are in the 17xx only was able to listen for a few minutes today an still am confirming ID's will psubmit when I can verify. so far I have

1780 Records
1776 N Disp
1777 Meeting A
1784 ??
1778 ??
1763 ??
Also CHS CO PW have also switched awhile back with groups in the 15xx
will post more when I get it ..
Ron

crazzycatman

Premium Subscriber
Hey Ron,
Just curious about which scanner u are monitoring them with. I have a post on the same subject, My two bc"s are real choppy on decoding. Are you having better luck???

Smith29180

I was using a GRE 500 that I was programing for a friend .I have a 996t and it is choppy here in summerville when listening to the CHS towers

Smith29180

Brian,
It did real good once I figured out how to program it with Don's win500. Since it was a friend I am unable do a side by right now but I hope in the very near future to do so. When I do I will let you know and give a comparsion report

DaveWilliams

Summerville Area

Hey everyone. Sorry to be a pain and ask here, but I recently purchased a radio shack 2096 and had it "professionally" programmed by the local radio shack lady, who came highly recommended by one of her "ham buddies" in my nehiborhood crimewatch organization. My question is for anyone locally who might know something about the Pro 2096 and be able to lend a hand with programming it. I have a complete frequency list she programmed in, and I have also confirmed them channel by channel. My problem is since I work closely with the Dorchester Co. S.O. with the crimewatch, I really need to monitor them. I have had the deputies in my house with thier handheld radios and I have heard the dispatcher loud and clear on his radio, along with the highway patrol AND summerville city, but my scanner picks up nothing. It does however pickup North Charleston, Mount Pleasant and Charleston County really well on my ground plane up about 25 feet high. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.