North Coast Two-Way DMR Cap+ (Cleveland / Warrensville Hgts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
For the past two nights i've picked up two separate Cap+ DMR sites for North Coast Two-Way up in NEOH. They could be a linked Cap+ multisite setup, or they could be separate Cap+ single site setups.

Call: WNWY525
Operator: North Coast Two-Way Radio

North Coast - Cleveland
424.6875 Cap+
Site: 1
DCC: 1
LCN: 2

424.6875 is LCN 2. LCN 1 is likely another 422-424 mhz frequency on the same license.

Talkgroups heard: 225, 240

North Coast - Warrensville Hgts
422.325 Cap+
Site: ?
DCC: ?
LCN: ?

This site was weaker and I could not copy the Site number, DCC or determine which LCN was associated with 422.325.

Both of the above frequencies were in the DB as LTR frequencies for North Coast's LTR systems on 420 mhz. I'll be removing these frequencies from the associated LTR sites.

If you're in the area and can help sleuth out the Site #, color code and LCN for 422.325, as well as any other active frequencies/LCNs for the sites, that would be much appreciated.

I've only added the Cleveland Cap+ site to the DB currently.

NEW: North Coast Two-Way T-Band DMR (Cleveland)
- depending upon what 422.325 reports as Site ID / color code, this might turn into a linked Cap+ DB entry

EXISTING: North Coast Two-Way T-Band LTR (Cleveland)

EXISTING: North Coast Two-Way T-Band (Warrensville Hgts)

Mike

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I believe you are getting this site at least for the first one
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9037

I could not map out the other site as it is out of my ranges.

For 422.325 I did find that it is DCC 1 LCN 1 CH1/2 The tg's were different for this site I only have TG 20 listed which was a towing service.

THank you. I don't know how I missed that _existing_ trunked system already in the DB. I'll remove the one I just added (the T-band deal).

Do you know if 422.325 advertises itself as a "Site 1" also, or is it showing up as Site 2 or something else?

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I will check but I typically can only see it on good reception days

Understood. Thanks for checking into it. I probablys hould have tried a little longer to sit on it, but the band opening last night just wasn't long enough for me to do too much. I could see it there.

At any rate, here is my thinking:

If it advertises as Site 1, then it's another standalone Cap+ site for Warrensville Hgts

If it advertises itself as Site 2 (or something other than 1), it is probably another site _linked_ with the Cleveland site and I would simply add the Warrensville site to the current system in the DB and change it to Linked Capacity Plus.

My guess would be that it'll end up being a standalone Site 1 of its own though, especially since you say you have never noticed any of the Cleveland TGs on the warrensville site.

I won't do anything in the DB with 422.325 until we determine the Site #.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I did not see site advertised on any of the frequencies.

Whichever channel [on the WHgts site] is currenetly beaconing will show Site ID, color code, and will indicate it is Cap+. Last night that was 422.325. If 422.325 isn't the one beaconing and sending information about talkgroup activity / rest channel when you checked it, then you're right it wouldn't show the site either.

but if 422.325 is beaconing, adn you are using DSDPlus to monitor it, it should show the Site ID.

mike

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Hmm went back and looked at some other cap+ systems and I do not see any that report site id with dsd+. I am using the public version. I do see site ID on con+ systems.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hmm went back and looked at some other cap+ systems and I do not see any that report site id with dsd+. I am using the public version. I do see site ID on con+ systems.

I wish I had a screenshot for you, but i don't. I don't have any Cap+ close enough to me to grab a screenshot for you. I use Fast Lane. Maybe that's the difference.

A DMR scanner should also show the Site ID as well if you are sitting on the current channel sending the control data.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.