North Colorado Med Evac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Hi again, I was just wondering if anyone knows the freq's. that North Colorado Med Evac is going to use and what freq. will they get paged out on?

I still get Ft. Lupton PD on the 800's I thought they were going to 700"s.

On the DTRS sites when I click on different towers now there is a map that comes up and has a blue circle around it. Does that mean that is how far we can pick them up on our scanners? I see it says at the top most of them is a 50 mile range, is this correct? So I live in the Loveland area and if Loveland falls within that blue circle I should be able to hit them?

I want to thank everyone that has helped me answer all my questions I have asked on the forum. I would be lost without RR....Am still trying to figure out pro96com and what it all does........Thank you again.... (;-)

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Both Medevac birds are use alphanumeric paging on a commercial paging system.

Flight following dispatch is on MED-3 463.050 (110.9 PL).

Air to Air and Air to base are on 129.2750.

Landings in Weld county are on Simplex-1 851.1000 P25 Digital.

No Public Safety agencies are strictly 700 MHz. If a user is in range of an 800 only site they will hear their TG on 800. Oddly enough both Bald Mtn and Buckhorn have strong signals in the Ft Lupton Area and I hear them all the time on either of those sites.

As far as the clicky map your reception will vary greatly towards the edges of the perceived footprint shown.

Phil.

comm_manager

Just to clarify:
129.275 belongs to AirLife Denver for Air-to-Base use (AKA a company frequency). MedEvac will use that frequency when in Denver and landing at a HealthOne facility (just as they will use 130.1500 when landing at a Centura Facility). Rotor Wing air to air (for instance when on a double chopper go) will typically be 123.050, FERN, or occasionally a company frequency such as FFL's 130.1500 or AirLife Denver's 129.275 depending on which flight agencies are responding. My understanding is that MedEvac does not have (and is not seeking) an AM company frequency - that they are using Med 3 only (no AM) for flight following. Cheers...Mike

RodStrong

Spirit said:
\On the DTRS sites when I click on different towers now there is a map that comes up and has a blue circle around it. Does that mean that is how far we can pick them up on our scanners? I see it says at the top most of them is a 50 mile range, is this correct? So I live in the Loveland area and if Loveland falls within that blue circle I should be able to hit them?\

The range circles are nice features but don't' count on them being anywhere near accurate. Might have better results in the flats, but in the mountainous areas of the state, the circles can be very deceiving.

dirtfinder

Spirit said:
On the DTRS sites when I click on different towers now there is a map that comes up and has a blue circle around it. Does that mean that is how far we can pick them up on our scanners? I see it says at the top most of them is a 50 mile range, is this correct? So I live in the Loveland area and if Loveland falls within that blue circle I should be able to hit them?

I believe that those are for when you program a 996 you can enter that data and it will tell the scanner (when hooked up to a gps) that it is with in the 50 miles of the tower and to start scanning that tower. You can also change the mile range to fit your needs like rodstrong said in the mountain area it might be only 10 to 15 miles.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
dirtfinder said:
I believe that those are for when you program a 996 you can enter that data and it will tell the scanner (when hooked up to a gps) that it is with in the 50 miles of the tower and to start scanning that tower. You can also change the mile range to fit your needs like rodstrong said in the mountain area it might be only 10 to 15 miles.

Also depends greatly on the actual site as well Loveland downtown has a whole different coverage area then Horsetooth for example and Thorodin and Golden which I always refer to as the only true wide area coverage sites in the state are much different than Glendale and Littleton for example.

Jim<

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
I must have confussed somebody at some point, like said above Fort Lupton is not stricltly 700, that just happens to be what the tower is about a mile out side of town. Like most all of Weld county they are DTRS, I didn't know until the other night that other towers would pick up on them, but now I know. My whole thing about the Pro 96 was it didn't have 700 and my original problem with buying the Pro 96 is I didn't think I could pick them up. The range circles are a nice new addition for me, it allowed me to locate where the hell the tower was here in Lupton and other towers as well.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Heard Med Evac 2 bring a CVA patient to Swedish this afternoon and just as mentioned Med 3 was used for flight following with AMR dispatched, 123.050 was used for unicom in the Denver airspace and Med 9 was used for the patient report to Swedish.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.