North dakota highway patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
At the top of the Radioreference.com website home page there is a big button that says database, click on that and it brings up a map of the United States and you can select your state and then county if need be.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber

Supposedly there is some talk about updating the system. Not much lately however.

I've done some traveling along the I-29 corridor between Fargo and Grand Forks, spending some time in Grand Forks. Never heard a whole lot of traffic on that system, except when there were some tornadoes in the area.

RadioGuy3007

Database Admin
The NDHP uses the State Radio System. You will need to program State Radio Channel 2

jason_58201

I'm not sure what system north dakota highway patrol is using
State of ND uses a 6 channel vhf system. Channels 1/2 are duplex with ch 1 being unit and ch 2 being the tower. All state radio dispatch for these two channels is carried out from Bismarck through a 26 tower (i think) network. Most all small under populated communities, along with all sheriff's departments use this radio setup with many of your larger departments having their own dispatch channel (usually ch 5/6) at least it was back when I lived in ND. State radio pages go out on state ch 2. ch 3 us mutual aid. Ch 4 is hp car to car (simplex). Ch 5 usually is local sheriff dispatch if applicable and ch 6 is sheriff car to car. the channel 1/2 setup also has the ability for each tower to be put into a repeater mode however traffic on these channels is rare these days at least in the eastern part of the state as CAD has taken hold and now replacing radio. Ultimately there is a new statewide trunking system that is being installed and implemented slowly across the state.

CHR

I know this post is about a year old, I am also, new to having and trying to figure out what all the terms are and so on. getting and putting in the frequencies is not my issue, it is trying to understand and figure out the digital side of things, like how to do the trucking systems properly. I can get analog base stations, when it comes to car to car , or car to dispatch, I do not have that them peaked and twitted right, there are skips, breaks and no audio, I know it has to do with the tones, holds and delays and having the proper Identifier's having the right matching. I live is Sherwood ND. and would like to try and find someone I could maybe meet up and they can enlighten me more on my quest, If anyone , know anyone, here in North Dakota in Ward Co. Renville or with in 100 miles of Sherwood , I would like to set up some time for a meet and chat. The math and the conversions are confusing to me in the manuals, Any advise or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I know this post is about a year old, I am also, new to having and trying to figure out what all the terms are and so on. getting and putting in the frequencies is not my issue, it is trying to understand and figure out the digital side of things, like how to do the trucking systems properly. I can get analog base stations, when it comes to car to car , or car to dispatch, I do not have that them peaked and twitted right, there are skips, breaks and no audio, I know it has to do with the tones, holds and delays and having the proper Identifier's having the right matching. I live is Sherwood ND. and would like to try and find someone I could maybe meet up and they can enlighten me more on my quest, If anyone , know anyone, here in North Dakota in Ward Co. Renville or with in 100 miles of Sherwood , I would like to set up some time for a meet and chat. The math and the conversions are confusing to me in the manuals, Any advise or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
For digital stuff, you really ought to consider getting a $25 RTL SDR dongle, some type of suitable antenna setting and up Unitrunker. This will allow you to monitor ALL activity on a particular radio site 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.