Not open for further replies.

RadioGuy3007

Database Admin
All,
Here is what I know about the system.

Williams County and City of Williston will be on the new system by January
City of GrandForks will be in Quarter 1 of 2021
Minot and Bismarck later in 2021
State Radio will be the last to switch over in 2021.

They will be using some VHF paging channels for the time being until the entire network is built out.

KE0VUL

Feed Provider
Saw the project updates, haven't seen any mention of Fargo yet. I know they adopted ARMER, the cross interoperability with MN. It will be interesting if they do much with for example Grand Forks/EGF. I remember seeing some with ARMER and Canada. Looks like they have a large build out to complete and a lot of stakeholders that would have to adopt the change (buy radios and consoles).

I don't know much about the timeline (schedule) they made up but to me it looks hopeful with Jan 2023 being the project close?!??. 2022 is the completion of the current planned sites and training later in the year. Those listed above are what they've termed the early adopters, looks like they still have some RF coordination and site securing for the installation of more towers.

Some more info: SIRN2020.nd.gov

Bismarck

KD0KWV
Based upon the SIRN Phase Plan Bismarck/Mandan should be going active here soon in a few days or maybe a few weeks from my understanding. It will be nice to be able to hear Fire and Metro again since it sounds like they will be running in the clear. It will be interesting to see what other Departments, Agencies or Businesses will be incorporated into the trucked system.

Bismarck

KD0KWV
All,
Here is what I know about the system.

Williams County and City of Williston will be on the new system by January
City of GrandForks will be in Quarter 1 of 2021
Minot and Bismarck later in 2021
State Radio will be the last to switch over in 2021.

They will be using some VHF paging channels for the time being until the entire network is built out.

Are they running behind in Bismarck with SIRN2020 just curious had found the following article on KFYR TV Site:

(KFYR)
Published: Feb. 4, 2020 at 7:05 PM CST

The system that allows first responder organizations and dispatch to communicate in North Dakota will be getting an upgrade. Burleigh and Morton counties are on the early adopter list.
SIRN 2020 should be active in the county by the end of the year. It should allow first responders to use their radios inside most buildings, and allow better communication between different organizations while responding to emergencies.
"We have a lot of buildings in Bismarck today where firefighters and police officers cannot communicate. We're very hopeful that the 800 megahertz system will tackle a lot of those issues. It won't fix all of them, but it will certainly fix a lot of them," said Mike Dannenfelzer, CenCom communications director.
Other counties will be making the switch over the next five years.

Bismarck

KD0KWV
Are they running behind in Bismarck with SIRN2020 just curious had found the following article on KFYR TV Site:

(KFYR)
Published: Feb. 4, 2020 at 7:05 PM CST

The system that allows first responder organizations and dispatch to communicate in North Dakota will be getting an upgrade. Burleigh and Morton counties are on the early adopter list.
SIRN 2020 should be active in the county by the end of the year. It should allow first responders to use their radios inside most buildings, and allow better communication between different organizations while responding to emergencies.
"We have a lot of buildings in Bismarck today where firefighters and police officers cannot communicate. We're very hopeful that the 800 megahertz system will tackle a lot of those issues. It won't fix all of them, but it will certainly fix a lot of them," said Mike Dannenfelzer, CenCom communications director.
Other counties will be making the switch over the next five years.

Attachments

• SIRN 1.PNG
    SIRN 1.PNG
    393.1 KB · Views: 39

Remington12G

GØT AES?
So anyone hear what the latest status is on the SIRN project or anything with a new time line?

2021 PSAP Replacement Schedules: Pending Replan
2021 Tower / RF schedules: Pending Replan

Attachments

• SIRN Feb 2021 Status Update.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.