North Dallas/DFW Area for a Pro-95?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cressida81

I've found my old pro-95! yay! Its still loaded up with Los Angeles County freqs though and now that I'm in Dallas I think I might be just a wee bit out of range.

Its been years since I've done much with the scanners so I'm really out of date on terminology or how to use this pro-95.
I live in the DFW Area, Specifically in the North Central beat for DPD and Just south of Plano.
Am I going to be able to get those agencies with my scanner? the scanner is "dual trunking".
I also have some kind of PC interface cable for the scanner and I remember at one time being able to upload a file with all the frequencies I wanted onto the scanner and that it was a lot easier than manually programming it in.

Any tips? Also anyone have one of those files with all the DFW area frequencies?

Thanks!

n5ims

Yes, DPD and DFD are both on conventional UHF channels (the list is in the RR database here --> Dallas County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference). Please note that there are rumors that they'll move to a new 700 MHz P-25 system (Dallas P25 / NCTCOG Trunking System, Dallas, Texas - Scanner Frequencies), but it's not 100% clear if that will just be for interop, full operations, or both. For this (and other area agencies you may be interested in), you may want to start saving for a digital scanner.

Plano, however, is P-25 digital. Richardson is currently EDACS and should work with the Pro-95, but they're close to moving to their new P-25 digital system as well. Carrollton/Addison/Farmers Branch are on the Carrollton Public Service System which works well on my Pro-95. Lewisville (a bit west for you, but probably easily monitored) works well except for one channel (due to rebanding, which the Pro-95 won't support).

Look through the RR database for the area agencies and see what you can get. There are lots out there with good listening on a Pro-95.

Cressida81

I just finished getting everything programmed in. I even got the data cable to work.
For the most part its sounding ok. The rubber antenna is mostly useless... thankfully I still have 3/4ths of some kind of "omni base" antenna. its missing an arm but still seems to be a marked improvement. the voices are still a bit faint and hard to hear over a slight hiss. I have to turn it way up to hear clearly, but then if there's any static it gets REALLY loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.