North East Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

doylethomas

Hello, I am new to the scanner scene and find it very interesting. I have a 30chnl 10band Uniden Bearcat Scanner. I have found a few local freq. that I can pick up but I know there has got to be more. I have searched the web but have not come up with any good sites to get freq. from. I live in extreme North East Texas in what is called the Arklatex because ARKansas is just north LouisiAna is just east and TEXas borders both of them. Any Ideas about where I might get some good freq. information. Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am new to the scanner scene and find it very interesting. I have a 30chnl 10band Uniden Bearcat Scanner. I have found a few local freq. that I can pick up but I know there has got to be more. I have searched the web but have not come up with any good sites to get freq. from. I live in extreme North East Texas in what is called the Arklatex because ARKansas is just north LouisiAna is just east and TEXas borders both of them. Any Ideas about where I might get some good freq. information. Thanks
Welcome, Doyle

This is probably the best site on the web for confirmed frequency information. Click the "Database" tab at the top of the page, then click on "Database Home".
Pick the state you want by either clicking on it, or by choosing it from the drop down menu.
Then, once you've selected the state (Arkansas, Louisiana,or Texas, since you've mentioned the ArkLaTex region), pick the county you wish to view. Again, you can do that by either clicking on it on the state map, or choosing the county, by name, from the drop down menu.
You can also choose statewide agencies from the drop down memnus on each state's page.

On a given county's page, you'll see a grouping of frequencies reported, by other members. as active in that county.
Since you mentioned that you lived in extreme northeast Texas, I've picked a county from that area, Bowie (anything in blue is a link):
Bowie County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
If you click on that link, it will take you to the Bowie County, Texas, frequency page.
There, you see lists of frequencies for various cities and agencies.

As you may notice, you don't see much for Texarkana itself. That's because it looks like they are on this trunked radio system:
Bi-State Information Center Trunking System, Texarkana, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

You did not indicate which scanner you have (the model), but from the description, it's not going to be one that will trunk-track systems such as those used by Texarkana. If the scanner can receive the frequencies listed for that system, you could program them in, & listen to the voice channels only, but you won't really be able to follow conversations if it gets busy.

For other agencies in your general area, Tx DPS is also not going to be monitorable. They are digital, and the description of your scanner rules out a digital capable model.
Likewise, Arkansas state police are on a digital trunked system, AWIN, along with many of the local cities, counties, and other state agencies. In Louisiana, the LWIN system is their statewide digital trunked radio system that is now reaching up to the northern corners of the state. Neither of these digital trunked systems would be monitorable.

However, you may find that some of the agencies or areas that interest you are available on a live audio feed. Check out that via the link at the top of the page as well.

doylethomas

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I am picking up plenty of frequencies now I have a couple of local PD's and EMS, as well as Rescue,Fire, several county depts and the channel that my kids school uses to contact the local police dispatch. you are right not much i can get out of Texarkana except for EMS and the hospitals. The scanner i use is the BC60XLT not very high tech, but i find it easy to use and perfect for a novice. I was wondering why i never could get the Tx DPS that is the channel i wanted most. oh well i will upgrade to a better scanner one of these days. Thanks again for all the valuable information.

Boulder

there is a repeater out in New Boston that would allow you to listen to Bowie County S/O. The range of the trunked system they are on is limited so they have a repeater out there to extend their range. Try scanning 850-860...I can't remember that exact repeater frequency. Also New Boston PD I think is in that range too.

You will find other than Bowie county most everyone in NE TX is VHF and easy to listen to. You could also plug in 159.2700 that is the Texas Parks & Wildlife game wardens (they would be identified as 82xx units) You will find that one pretty active at times as there is a tower in Marietta that carries the traffic for that region.

Blaine

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RR Doyle. I'd get in touch RR member and frequent contributor Max Tracker. He lives in Fannin County, but monitors a bunch of stuff in the northeastern part of Texas and into Oklahoma. Perhaps he can help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.