North Georgia NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airboss

Silent Key
Looks like one of the far North GA counties (best guess right now is Union) maybe setting up a new NXDN 4800 repeater system (50 RAN). So far all I have observed is unit 100 testing only - no IDs. Definitely not part of the Clay Co NC NXDN family of PS services *they use a NXDN 9600 system with single digit RANs.

Only official assignment up here on 155.085 is the Union Co fire ground repeater on that freq. Given I can hear it on an indoor whip, it is close, thus the tentative Union Co ID.

FCC site has been down for two days now so I can't check it for any updates. If anybody else has anything to add I would appreciate your updates, insights or additions.

Chief Larry

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
FCC is too busy working on the neutrality crap that they don't bother fixing their servers.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
RR should return something too at the bottom of the DB page.

Airboss

Silent Key
Sorry guys but nothing on either above, Checked both of them first. Again the only thing listed is the fire ground repeater in Union county. Just had unit 603 conducted a radio check with 606.Yes, Union fire does have 600 unit numbers. Starting to look more and more like Union fire (at least on the old fire ground frequency) is moving to an NXDN system.

More as I confirm it.

Airboss

Silent Key
Update. After monitoring the 600 units testing the systems from various locations in the county, there is no doubt that this is Union County, GA. They have IDed the system as "Fire." Sounds like only a handful have radios and they are occasionally flipping to the analog side. Final usage will have to wait until they finish testing. but Union County GA now has a shiny new NXDN48 fire radio repeater system on 155.085 MHz. I will make a submission as soon as the testing phase is over. Now I wonder if the rest of the county will go NXDN? ;-)

Airboss

Silent Key
For my Georgia peeps, look like we may have another NXDN system, this time in Towns County, GA. I have another NXDN system (NXDN96 RAN 0) that has popped up on 154.415 MHz. Originally I thought it may have been part of the Clay Co NC NXDN since they have an EMS assignment on 154.4225 and I have heard EMS related traffic. As it turns out it definitely is not 154.4225 but 154.415. Town County has a Fire/EMS assignment (analog) on 154.415 (WNNA888 Towns County Fire and Rescue, Hiawassee, Towns County, GA) and signals levels here support that this is probably them. Still monitoring to get conclusive proof and when I do will submit an update to the database. Isn't the search button on our scanners marvelous? ;-)

Airboss

Silent Key
154.415 MHz NXDN Update

After additional monitoring it now looks like the 154.415 NXDN system will end belonging to Clay County NC EMS after all and not Towns County. The Towns analog system is still there and Clay is not suppose to be on 154.415. I'm sure Towns is not happy. This is the second instance where fire freqs are shared here in North Georgia/Western North Carolina..Fannin County GA and Cherokee Co NC share 154,445 for their fire dispatch services.

I will continue to monitor 154.415 and update the db as needed.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.