North Korea dictator Kim Jong-il has died

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin

EJB

The North Korean leader Kim Jong-il is 10-7.

Video of announcement
North Korean TV Announces Kim Jong-il's Death - YouTube

SEOUL, Dec. 19 (Yonhap) -- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il, who ruled the communist nation with an iron fist while ceaselessly pursuing nuclear weapons programs, has died of a heart attack, state media said Monday.

N. Korean leader dies at 69 after decades of iron-fist rule | YONHAP NEWS
Good riddence. While he lived a lavish life he allowed millions of his people to die of starvation. He closed off his nation to everyone and denied his citiziens (slaves) anything resmembling basic human rights. May he rot in the same place as his dad, Osama and all the rest of the dictators.

com501

As Rush said this morning, Kim Jong Il is now Kim Jong Dead.

Good riddance. No remorse or mourning here.

SCPD

QRT
I got a kick out of the NK state sponsored day of mourning! It was bizarre watching hundreds of people making believe they were crying.lol.

scannerboy01

I hope that his death does not cause war. The last thing we need is to sacrifice the lives any more soldiers since they just got back from Afghanistan and for the Americans just coming back from Iraq. Hopefully, his son will think about what his father has done to North Korea and try to change the situation.

Last edited:

scanningisfun

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
The North Korean leader Kim Jong-il is 10-7.

Video of announcement
North Korean TV Announces Kim Jong-il's Death - YouTube

SEOUL, Dec. 19 (Yonhap) -- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il, who ruled the communist nation with an iron fist while ceaselessly pursuing nuclear weapons programs, has died of a heart attack, state media said Monday.

N. Korean leader dies at 69 after decades of iron-fist rule | YONHAP NEWS
You mean 10-42
10 codes mean different things based on where you are. 10-7 is just about universal in meaning that he is out of service.

In some places, 10-42 means - Disable Repeater. In other places, 10-42 means - Check welfare of/at____________. Would you want someone to check the welfare of this dead dirt-bag?

Last edited:

scanningisfun

10 codes mean different things based on where you are. 10-7 is just about universal in meaning that he is out of service.

Some places, 10-42 means - Check welfare of/at____________. Would you want someone to check the welfare of this dead dirt-bag?
I know these are not used everywhere but they are used a lot of places.

Official Ten-Code List

Bob_61

Death could not happen to a better man, may he rest with the worms and feed their offspring. :twisted:

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I know these are not used everywhere but they are used a lot of places.

Official Ten-Code List
That's the standard, but there are MANY places that don't use the standard. If you notice, the APCO standard also has 10-7 as "Out of Service," which is more fitting as he is out of service. Furthermore, I wouldn't consider his terror rein a "tour of duty".

Just saying, 10-7 fits the bill for almost everyone. You have to use what fits the best for the majority. 10-7 fits for the APCO crowd as well as most of everyone else. 10-42 does not as its meaning changes depending on the location.

It took me a LONG time to get over my "knowledge" of 10-Codes when I moved from one state to another. I was on a fire department that used non-standard codes. I moved to an APCO 10-Code state and had a hard time converting. Upon joining the Navy, we had an even stranger group of 10-Codes that I could never grasp.

We're getting off topic here, so back to the topic at hand. Kim Jong-il is dead and hopefully his son won't be a complete dirt-bag like his dad was.

scanningisfun

That's the standard, but there are MANY places that don't use the standard. If you notice, the APCO standard also has 10-7 as "Out of Service," which is more fitting as he is out of service. Furthermore, I wouldn't consider his terror rein a "tour of duty".

Just saying, 10-7 fits the bill for almost everyone. You have to use what fits the best for the majority. 10-7 fits for the APCO crowd as well as most of everyone else. 10-42 does not as its meaning changes depending on the location.

It took me a LONG time to get over my "knowledge" of 10-Codes when I moved from one state to another. I was on a fire department that used non-standard codes. I moved to an APCO 10-Code state and had a hard time converting. Upon joining the Navy, we had an even stranger group of 10-Codes that I could never grasp.

We're getting off topic here, so back to the topic at hand. Kim Jong-il is dead and hopefully his son won't be a complete dirt-bag like his dad was.
The ten codes are different here where I just moved to in CT, but a user on here was nice enough to send me a list of them for the surrounding towns.

I just usually think of 10-7 as 'a break' and 10-42 as 'a shift'. That's how it was were I used to live. Hopefully his 10-45 will rot with all the other scum. (I know I didn't use 10-45 correctly - no need for a 10-62). Just kidding :)

Jacob

Jay911

It remains to be seen just how good or bad this is. I've heard everything over the past 24 hours from continued "test firing" of ballistic armaments, to a promise of immediate cessation of uranium enrichment in return for food aid.

The first reports I heard last night said he died "Monday morning" (NK time) "from extreme exhaustion" (working too hard for the people, they say). Then it comes out that he actually died on Saturday.

It's saddening to see the people in NK weeping for him ... they're truly brainwashed into believing that he's a literal deity.

Can you imagine what a resident of NK (with its rumored 1970s cutting edge tech) would think of an iPad?

Someone pointed out a videogame to me last night, and I'm astonished I hadn't heard of it before because it's the kind of thing I'd play. "Homefront" involves combat in the USA after an invasion by Korean forces. The game is set in the late 2020s, after Korea becomes a superpower in the 2010s, spurred on by Il dying in late 2011, succeeded by his son, who reunites the two Koreas, then proceeds to invade and annex Japan and many other Asian territories. Kind of eerie how its premise is even more plausible than Modern Warfare. (Search Youtube for 'Homefront' to see the intro video.)

SCPD

QRT
Hopefully, his son will think about what his father has done to North Korea and try to change the situation.
The scary part is the attacks on SK over the last year or so may have been ordered by his ugly fat kid! He may be worst that the old man!

Bob_61

The ten codes are different here where I just moved to in CT, but a user on here was nice enough to send me a list of them for the surrounding towns.

I just usually think of 10-7 as 'a break' and 10-42 as 'a shift'. That's how it was were I used to live. Hopefully his 10-45 will rot with all the other scum. (I know I didn't use 10-45 correctly - no need for a 10-62). Just kidding :)

Jacob
Enfield and CSP and many other I listen to don't 10 codes they use signal ** or plain English. But that is another thread. Anyway we have an untimely in NK! The wicked witch is dead! :) ;) :) ;)

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
Would be nice if they would put some if that stealth tech we pay billions for and just drop some ordinance on the entire family.

scanningisfun

Enfield and CSP and many other I listen to don't 10 codes they use signal ** or plain English. But that is another thread. Anyway we have an untimely in NK! The wicked witch is dead! :) ;) :) ;)
I was using the ten-codes were I moved from.

Status
Not open for further replies.