North Las Vegas Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

223Addict

I recently purchased a RadioShack iScan trunking scanner. This is the one that comes with the "pre-programmed SD card. There are all the frequencies for metro, but not for NLVPD.
I am able to get Metro loud and clear, but I cannot get North Las Vegas PD, which is the reason I bought the scanner.Someone please help!
I am brand new to this hobby, but pick up on things fast.
My question is: what are the frequencies used by the NLVPD? Are they on a trunked radio system, or "conventional?"
My appologies if this has been covered in another thread.

Thanks in advance. Any info would be GREAT.

Fred

brcoz

Premium Subscriber
Look at the Nevada Shared Radio System. I think you might find what you are looking for. I may be wrong but I take my scanners when I am in Las Vegas and listen in.

223Addict

Thanks....

I might have to blame this on the scanner. The scanner comes sans keypad; you can only add to the pre-programmed list through the PC interface.

Can anyone ID this freq, I get L.E. traffic on this freq. along with fire, and some other misc. banter....sounds like construction workers at times.

Thanks for helping a new guy out.

emtjohn

I have a 107 and have listened to North Las Vegas PD on it...they are definately there. Try this....

From the Main Menu: browse library
Select state: Nevada
Nevada data types: Counties/cities
Select county: Clark
Clark data types: systems
Select system in county: Southern NV Area Communications Council
System sites and categories: categories
Categories in System: North Las Vegas Police (about 10 down)

223Addict

Thanks!!

It was there the whole time, right under my nose. People like you make this forum great.
Again, thanks to those who helped, and hopefully I can help someone out in the future!
Mod can close if necessary, case closed! =)

sundance1234

Scanner

What model is yours ? How much did u pay for it ? I need to get one too. I have the same problem that couldn't hear fron NLVPD, but LVMPD is lound and clear.I was wondering if NLV is using the digital system.
I have a 107 and have listened to North Las Vegas PD on it...they are definately there. Try this....

From the Main Menu: browse library
Select state: Nevada
Nevada data types: Counties/cities
Select county: Clark
Clark data types: systems
Select system in county: Southern NV Area Communications Council
System sites and categories: categories
Categories in System: North Las Vegas Police (about 10 down)

emtjohn

What model is yours ? How much did u pay for it ? I need to get one too. I have the same problem that couldn't hear fron NLVPD, but LVMPD is lound and clear.I was wondering if NLV is using the digital system.

I have a Radio Shack Pro 107. Its set up like an MP3 player for lack of a better description. i only have a VERY basic understanding of scanning and was able to set it up fairly easily once you get used to it. I can listen to NLVPD and Metro whenever I am in town...live just a little to far to hear from home. The Pro 107 is analog only...no digital. If Metro ever is able to get their new radio system going it will mean no more monitoring them with this or any other scanner. NLVPD is on the SNACC trunked system with the fire departments and Henderson.

sundance1234

Thanks. I have a Uniden Bearcat BC350 and can only pick up Metro, so do you know anything on my unit how to receive from NLVPD ? I could't follow your previous instruction you posted .Where is the Main Menu ? Are you refer to scanner Main menu or the Radioreference website Main menu ?

223Addict

Sundance, I'm sure someone else will chime in, but emt was referring to our RadioShack Pro-107 scanners.
They are quite different than your Uniden unit; they do in fact, look just like ipods (well, at least the keypad, or lack thereof.) Most all the known frequencies for agencies and systems in every US state is preprogrammed onto an SD care that comes with the unit.
Someone will chime in and set you in the right direction. Good luck.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
North LV Police

Take a look here in the database Clark County - Southern Nevada Area Communications Council (SNACC) Trunking System, Clark County, Nevada - Scanner Frequencies

Scroll down to North Las Vegas Police you will find the talkgroups

Better to sort the police and fire into different groups so you can toggle them on/off

SNACC works great if you use all the control channels only and turn the scanner mode "CC ONLY" on so it works correctly. Read your manual if you don't know what that means. Should be in the "Programming a Motorola System" section.

Or to make things really easy you can subscribe to radioreference and use programming software to directly download all the freqs and tgid's onto your scanner. Well worth the money in my opinion.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Nlvpd

Anyone knows how to get the NLVPD from my Uniden BCT 8 scanner ? I just got it days ago and all I can received is from LVMPD. Thanks.
You will probably have to get the new firmware to support the rebanding, then try loading the freqs from the database under the SNACC trunked system in Clark County. NLVPD uses that system. Follow the wiki above to radio models to uniden to bct8. Then click the link to the firmware for rebanding.

sundance1234

Are you living in Vegas ? Do you mind if you can show me ? I am in NLV area, if its ok, I will leave you my contact number, I am new to this. Thx.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Bct8

Are you living in Vegas ? Do you mind if you can show me ? I am in NLV area, if its ok, I will leave you my contact number, I am new to this. Thx.
Do you have the programing cable? Go to the top tab "wiki" and see the drop down choices, click "radio models" then find uniden and your bct8. Click on it and read everything, then click the hyperlink to the Uniden Firmware Downloads. Click the download and save the file on your computer, then open the file and follow directions. Once you have the firmware updated come back to radioreference.com and find "database" along the top tabs. Find Nevada on the map click it, click clark county. Scroll down to the SNACC "Clark County Trunked System" and use those freqs on a scanlist. Be sure to follow the manual for the bct8 to properly program the motorola type 2 rebanded system. If you don't have the cable to connect pc to scanner save yourself the hassle and go to AES on Polaris Ave. and they can program it for you. Money well spent for beginners and they can also put other stuff on it like NHP or your favorite hotel system. AES Home page Like I said I don't have a bct8 so that's as far as I can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.