North Metro Fire leaving DTRS 100%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
As of today it appears North Metro Fire may have left DTRS for good. At the moment ALL North Metro Fire channels are active on FRCC; moreover "Ops B" and N. Metro Primary dispatch appears to be gone from DTRS. Yesterday or the day before I noticed that "Ops B" and N. Metro Primary appeared on FRCC, and just now I noticed those channels are NOT on DTRS. This would explain why North Metro built the new FRCC site in Broomfield. Can someone confirm this transition?

Last fall the Broomfield City Council voted to stay on DTRS, presumably that was limited to Police services given that North Metro has their own Fire District Board.

[EDIT] Also, I should mention that Broomfield has new console ID's for all their dispatch consoles.

Last edited:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Also, I just noticed that Pro96com currently shows EIGHT (8) FRCC sites to be down, the only ones online are Adams Simulcast and Broomfield. A Bennet Fire Unit just advised their portable radios went to "site trunking" mode, so it sounds like an actual outage.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Cut fiber between CCPD and Brighton, per AdCom. They are trying to bring up the microwave backup ahead of schedule while the fiber is being repaired.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Update: Weld Co also has new dispatch console ID's, at least for SO/Local Law. The RID sequence seems to be 527xxx. Presumably this is related to Motorola SR 7.14 console upgrades. As for North Metro, in the last few hours I've been seeing very few North Metro radios affiliate with either Adams Simulcast or Broomfield on Pro96Com. Maybe they're re-programming all the North Metro DTR radios tonight?

Steve2003

Looks like they fused the fiber back together or got the microwave link back up. Seeing sites come back online and hearing Weld County doing role calls.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, it looks only Bennett and Hoyt are still down. I've heard ZERO North Metro fire calls in the last 1/2 hour plus, pretty weird. Maybe North Metro units decided to shut off all their radios because they thought all the sites were down. Weird...

[Edit: Hoyt and Bennett just came back up as well]

Last edited:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Based on the total absence of affiliation or grants in Pro96Com for almost an hour it definitely looks like ALL North Metro radios were taken offline, and they are still offline as of 22:42 hours.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Well I just submitted a DB update request to remove the remaining three North Metro TG's from DTRS. North Metro has definitely switched 100% to FRCC. I'm pretty sure I've heard units complaining about FRCC coverage gaps already, surprise surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.