North New Jersey news with a little radio blurb

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotATechGuy

NotAMember
Premium Subscriber
That's cool and all but why did he have to use SPEN and not the main dispatch frequency the officer uses? My only thought was there is a UHF and VHF mobile and he picked up the VHF which was set to SPEN.

jaymatt1978

Or the radio car was in scan mode and when he keyed up it was in scan mode and happened to stop on SPEN or it stopped on an unknown channel andf he tuned to the first channel he reconized which was SPEN

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Ditto to the multiple commenters on the North Jersey link about the strange NJ concept of "illegal bullets."

Yeah, doesn't seem to make sense. At first I thought they found the guy carrying a hand cannon or SMG loaded with cop-killers (teflon coated rounds) but then upon reading the story, it turned out to be a .22 with hollowpoints, which to me sounds like putting some sort of special racing fuel in a Geo Metro - might make it work a little better, but that's about it. ;)

Oh well, another obviously mentally disturbed individual found with a gun is now in custody. I call that a good day's work, especially when the nutjobs get taken off the streets BEFORE they shoot someone. I know gun control laws are an exercise in suspending all common sense, but there really needs to be more efforts made to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill whenever possible. Having a gun requires 100% sound mind and good judgement. Someone who takes meds because that's the only way the voices in their head will go away should not own a gun. Period.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.