NORTH (of Dallas) Aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone have Aviation frequencies for the NORTH part of Texas? I see AREO COUNTRY has 122.900 licensed to it, seems this also might be used by Skydive Dallas between Whitewright and Bonham, as I have been hearing Jump aircraft most of the day on it. It would be nice to figure out Bonham; Jones field. Paris, Sherman City AP and Skydive Dallas to go with the Aviation frequencies we know of. Also maybe we can see what Commercial stuff is in use at the Northern Airports that no one has logged. I know McKinney AP has enough activity that there Should be some Comercial/Business radio in use for the Operations there. Any input?

HAUSPETER

Go to airnav.com and search for your airport. They have all of the frequencies and airport info you need.

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
I've tried scanning several of the licesned frequencies for the FBO and other businesses at KTKI, the McKinney airport, but haven't heard anything on them yet. I'll try to spend some more time there over the next several weeks and see if I can track down any business coms in use. You're right, there should definitely be something.

On a side note, I do know that the tower at TKI (McKinney) has an 800 radio in the cab that allows them to communicate with McKinney PS dispatch and any personnel on scene for the occasional Alerts that take place.

SCPD

QRT
Do they just call MPD and say McKinney AP tower to MPD or do they have some Talkgroups on the McKinney System? thanks for your Input. Seems this might be something to watch.

I know about AirNav.com, the point was more for anyone here in North Texas to find and contribute so "WE" can build "OUR" part of the DB up a little.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
Bonham (Jones Field) 122.800
Sherman Municipal 122.800
Durant, OK (Eaker Field) 122.800
Paris (Cox Field) 122.975
Grayson Co (North TX Regional/Perrin Field;

AWOS/ATIS 118.775
TOWER/CTAF 120.575
UNICOM 122.700
GROUND 124.125
RCO 122.300
UHF TOWER 233.7
FT. WORTH CENTER 134.150

The Grayson Co AP, recently renamed North TX Regional/Perrin Field, now has a control tower staffed ten hours a day as of a little over two weeks ago. I'm assuming the remaining time they are reverting back to the unicom freq of 122.700.

SCPD

QRT
Mike

Isn't the new Grayson EOC supposed to based at Grayson Co. Airport/Perrin? I heard Grayson EOC calling surrounding agencies the other day conducting Radio Checks. If this is so, Will Perrin have more than just aviation frequencies licensed to it?

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I haven't read anything in the paper or heard elsewhere anything about that. I'm thinking that any frequencies for that purpose would be licensed to the county or Sherman/Denison.

Status
Not open for further replies.