North Olmsted city schools buses (Ohio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like North Olmsted city school buses have a new type antenna not the lowband type? did the school buses change frequencys? thanks dave

Last edited by a moderator:

kb8lkh

Premium Subscriber
I know for a fact they did based on the antenna(s). I just don't know what the new frequency(s) is/are. They appear to be VHF high Band quarter waves, If I remember correctly.

Since the PD and FD have moved to the OHIO MARCS-IP system, North Olmsted has a slew of VHF high band frequencies they have licensed to them. Maybe they are utilizing one of the old VHF high band frequencies. I know the North Olmsted service Department is still using 158.940 PL 110.9.

I grew up and went to North Olmsted public schools, and for years you could listen to the school buses on 47.54 Mhz. They were using Kenwood 16 Ch VHF low band mobiles. I have no idea what they are using now.

Most of the antennas were all bent up because of the height of them and were they choose to mount them. Really no mater were they were to be mounted, they would've probably been bent up. Some of them were even missing the "stingers". Great way to "burn up" the radios

Dan, KB8LKH

P,S, Since North Olmsted went to the Ohio MARCS-IP system (800 MHz trunking), they probably have a surplus of VHF high band Mobiles/Portables/and Antennas. Heck, they may have reallocated the old Westshore Region VHF High Band repeater(s).

Last edited:

kb8lkh

Premium Subscriber
Radios in Buses

Before they were using 16 Ch Kenwoods, they were using single Ch Motorola Mocom 70s.

DAN, KB8LKH

Status
Not open for further replies.