North Olmsted Fire Dispatch Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kari76

I used to hear North Olmsted dispatch relay a call to the fire department with the nature of the call (e.g. possible heart attack, MVA). That communication was on 154.2500. Now, I hear all of the other communication between NOFD and dispatch on this frequency except the inital reason they are being dispatched. So, I know they are going on a run but I have no idea why :-( I don't see that North Olmsted got any new frequencies but I must be missing something.

Anyone know what frequency the inital call from dispatch to the NOFD is on?

north olmsted fire

nofd is still on 154.2500 pl-110.9.all other departments are dispatched by westcom.also north olmsted fire has a fire tac frequency 154.205 pl-110.9 (simplex) you need to monitor more westcom is busy but north olmsted fire is dispached by nopd.hope this helps dave

Jacob99

Premium Subscriber
I used to hear North Olmsted dispatch relay a call to the fire department with the nature of the call (e.g. possible heart attack, MVA). That communication was on 154.2500. Now, I hear all of the other communication between NOFD and dispatch on this frequency except the inital reason they are being dispatched. So, I know they are going on a run but I have no idea why :-( I don't see that North Olmsted got any new frequencies but I must be missing something.

Anyone know what frequency the inital call from dispatch to the NOFD is on?

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm having the same problem. I can hear the squad say they're on scene, but I can;t here the first call-out. I'm monitoring the channels David said to, and I am also scnaning NOPD.

Any ideas??

SCPD

QRT
The database shows 453.300 for Westshore fire dispatch. It doesn't specifically mention No. Olmsted though being dispatched. Are you monitoring 453.300 ?

I can't confirm anything cuz I'm east side. I did live in NO back in the last century. :)

Jacob99

Premium Subscriber
The database shows 453.300 for Westshore fire dispatch. It doesn't specifically mention No. Olmsted though being dispatched. Are you monitoring 453.300 ?

I can't confirm anything cuz I'm east side. I did live in NO back in the last century. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I am monitoring that freq. It just seems odd because I can hear all the other departments, and I can even here the dispatcher and North Olmsted firefighters communicate AFTER they are dispatched.

Oh well. I'll keep looking.

453.300 is station alert for westcom fire.n.olmsted police does their own dispatching for fire they did have computers in their vehicles and i know they did have a station alert system in their stations but remember it was threw phone lines i don't remember what type the system was.

medic5399

Premium Subscriber
The NOFD is not "toned-out" over the radio. Once they are enroute they usually say the unit number and where they are headed to, but not the nature of the call(normally)

i did NOT say NOFD was toned-out by radio but they do have station alert system i know i use to do work for them on their radios.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
No one said NOFD WAS toned out. Medic5399 merely stated confirmation that it wasn't.

Every municipality does some different if not strange things.

Aurora when "toned out" the unit responds immediately with the siren going.

Twinsburg there is a delay from when the tones go out to when a voice announcement is made. Really disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.