North Richland Hills system change over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooky527

Does anyone know if the NRH PD/FD are changing over to a new system? I just clicked on the radio and both PD and FD are using completely new Unit numbers over the radio. PD units are being identified as North Hills ### which is different from the usual District letter/ Shift number/ Beat number. And it sounds like the dispatchers are adjusting. any one know anything?

jasday

Someone posted not too long ago that North Richland Hills, Richland Hills, Haltom City and someone else were combining all dispatch services together. There is a news up date on the Tarrant County PS system page.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if the NRH PD/FD are changing over to a new system? I just clicked on the radio and both PD and FD are using completely new Unit numbers over the radio. PD units are being identified as North Hills ### which is different from the usual District letter/ Shift number/ Beat number. And it sounds like the dispatchers are adjusting. any one know anything?
There was a message posted last November, over on the DFWScan Yahoo group. Richland Hills, North Richland Hills, Haltom City, & Watauga were planning to implement a combined dispatch operation, beginning 'April 2012' (this month). They may have adjusted unit numbering to help reduce confusion for dispatchers who are now working more than one city.

See if this link works (you'd have to be a DFWScan member).

Also see this thread.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
We received a DB submission that is being worked. Combined Dispatch became effective yesterday morning. They appear to be using NRH channels for Combined PD and Combined FD Dispatch. The DB will be updated today.

Combined Dispatch will provide dispatch services for North Richland Hills, Richland Hills, Haltom City, Watauga. It also appears that each city will migrate independently (not at the same time).

Spooky527

Are these cities going to keep their respective channels, or are the all going to be running off a new single channel?

6520tkp

Talk Group Changes

Please keep us informed of any talk group changes.

How is this going to work? are all agencies eventualy going to be in one location?

6520tkp

We received a DB submission that is being worked. Combined Dispatch became effective yesterday morning. They appear to be using NRH channels for Combined PD and Combined FD Dispatch. The DB will be updated today.

Combined Dispatch will provide dispatch services for North Richland Hills, Richland Hills, Haltom City, Watauga. It also appears that each city will migrate independently (not at the same time).

Has the data base been updated?

The talk groups look the same to me, or do I need to look elsewhere.

Thanks.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Here's what I've noticed so far.

10768 NRH and RH Patrol units being dispatched - was NHPPTRL
11248 new PIC channel - was NRHPCID1
11536 NRH animal control - was NHPTGN1

On the air on 10768, they're saying "Richland Hills 3##", "North Richland Hills 3##", etc. I think NRH 4## units are traffic, and assume 1##, 2##, 3## are they typical 1st, 2nd, 3rd, shift units.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
New talk groups are posted, regret the delay. All 'new' talkgroups were pulled from North Richland Hills old line up.

patchman

I have a couple of questions on the combined dispatch:

1- Any timeframe on Watauga changeover to the new talkgroups?
2- Are the other talkgroups still available for use (ex: NRH tactical, etc)

Thanks.

jasday

I've noticed that Haltom City is still operating on their channels but is calling NRH Alarm. I only listened for a short time, but never heard them calling Haltom City. Them and Watauga may be staying on their line up but using NRH. I havnt heard Watauga in a while, can you tell if they are calling NRH Alarm or not?

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
My guess is that they'll only use the shared dispatch channels when they need a dispatcher; then continue to use their existing tac & talk channels when they don't need shared services.

Spooky527

HCPD /FD on NRH sys

Sounds like they are currently migrating all Haltom City Fire and PD onto the NRH combined dispach center today. Currently all Haltom City Traffic is going the North Richland Hills Primary Channel. That makes North RIchland HIlls, Richland HIlls, and Haltom City on this channel

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
11472 formerly NHPCMD appears to be animal control now, possibly for Haltom City.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
11152 formerly NHPTRAF is now being used by Haltom City, and I imagine the Richland Hills and Watauga eventually, as the combined "Traffic" channel.

6520tkp

Watauga, Tx. PD&FD has made the switch

I notice early this morning Watauga made the switch over to North Richland Hills,
They are using NRHW PD PTRL1 and NHPTRAF.

FD has made the switch also.

6520tkp

Combined Dispatch

Any thoughts on the combined North Richland Hills,Watauga, Richland Hills and Haltom City Dispatch.

I Like the new dispatch, you can listen to four agencies on one talk group.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Don't care for it myself. Most days I have a scanner running in the background and would prefer to just be monitoring my home city(NRH). It also makes it much harder to identify the specific beat officers and specialized units. Hopeful that some time in the future they will segregate and reorganize their dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.