North Royalton Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vectored

Does anyone know what System/talkgroup/ or frequency NRPD is operating on? Thanks 7/9/17
Whistler TRX-1

StereoScout

Several years back several local government officials were eating at a local restaurant when they overheard their police transmissions coming from a customer's smart phone. They were shocked and appalled at the idea. One counsel member mumbled to another said he would put a stop to it. A couple of months later they were encrypted. True story. I was there.

OHIOSCAN

I lived in Strongsville for a long time and the idea they need ENC is silly, all these suburbs would be fine having 1 tac channel with ENC for the rare instance its needed for officers safety. I had SPD entire ch plan and they rarely used any ch's besides Disp & Ch-3 on the old analog TRS. I monitored and recorded SPD 24/7 so I had a decent view of there system. The Detectives, Admin & other TG's where used maybe once every couple of months for very short ops if that. They usually used Dispatch or phones, the money public safety is pissing away on these big TRS systems is obscene. Most of the TG's assigned are never used and most of the user's don't have any clue how to operate the multi-zone radios. Listening to vehicle pursuits is the perfect example, dispatchers coordinate between dept's on the phone instead of everyone switching to one of the boatload of interop TG's available on MARCS & GCRCN. A SFD firefighter told me he was told SPD went ENC because one of the higher ups had a hissy fit about streaming police traffic. the fire guys said no to the ENC plan. N.Royalton really is the last place that requires ENC channels, its all a waste of tax payer money. I agree ENC is needed sometimes but full ENC just add's to the US vs THEM mentality. I feel more pro cop listening to the **** they deal with then if I just heard the story filtered thru the media. I have seen news stories about some incident that I monitored and the media narrative is certainly not what I heard.

n8vur

Feed Provider
like to know who's idea it was for them to go encrypted when North Royalton was in the clear for a long time.

They went back to encrypted right after that girl got shot in Sunrise Cove and the media picked up on it right away.

Honestly, they're such dicks to southwest dispatch over the air, if I was chief I'd encrypt it too just out of sheer embarrassment at the lack of professionalism.

Brooklyn Police

you should monitor Brooklyn Police just as bad when a call belongs to cleveland BPD cry's on the radio funny

Swipesy

Blame the taxpayers. The next time the police want to pass a levy the taxpayers should tell the chief's, "you will get a levy passed when you knock off the obscene spending on needless radio technology!"

Status
Not open for further replies.