North Sioux City South Dakota Police Talkgroup(s)/System/Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0sux

I've looked and looked I can't see to find North SIoux CIty Police Department talk groups or what system(s) they are dispatched on.

I know they used to be dispatched on Woodbury County & Union County but I can't find where they are or what frequencies they use. The listed analog frequencies are used by NS Fire.

If you know what system and talkgroups these are please reply.

Thanks

k0sux

unless someone can tell me otherwise... at this point I'm guessing that north sioux uses starcomm talkgroup 203 which is labeled as union county law... and union county law use the sdrs system.. now I'm just curious if there is anyone that confirm this

mattguzinski

Premium Subscriber
So that I have it straighten out to North Souix City police is dispatch on Starcomm talkgroup 203 and fire is dispatch on coventional?

k0sux

yup..

North Sioux Police = STARCOMM 203

Union County Sheriff = SDSRS 21536

North SIoux Fire = 155.685 & 154.385

FireMedic36

Both North Sioux City Fire/Rescue channels were also narrowbanded in the recent past.

SCPD

QRT
Does anyone know how Union dispatch talks to Woodbury, and so on? (landline, radio). I seem to remember one of the systems having in interagency talkgroup specifically for that purpouse but now I cant locate it.

Also, does Union SO carry 800Mhz equipment in their cars, and do Woodbury and other Iowa agencies carry SD VHF capable equipment for mutual aid and the like?

FireMedic36

Union > Woodbury and vice versa occurs on the digital STARCOM system that covers the entire tri-state area. Through that STARCOM system, they can tie different systems together - whether it be Iowa's 800 MHz or SD's digitial or VHF systems, but only when interagency interoperability is needed. 99% of the time, if UCSO or SDHP needs to talk to someone in Sioux City (Woodbury), they do it through Union County dispatch.

Here is the weird thing - both agencies in North Sioux City (PD and FD) are dispatched/paged by Woodbury County, IA rather than Union County, SD. So, that being said NSCPD and NSCFD are the only two agencies in the area that I know of that carry in their vehicles the capability to talk over all systems used in the area (IA digital, SD digital, UHF, and VHF) without dispatch interoperability intervention on the STARCOM system. NSCFD now even has a few handheld radios that cover the entire spectrum as well...

Hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.