North/SouthStar (insufficient)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
I was just wondering, when North or SouthStar or the others are put on standbye they are sometimes canceled due to "insufficient" does that mean the injury is not severer?

w2xq

Mentor
I haven't heard the term "insufficient" used, but I have heard them cancelled for injuries not as serious as first thought and for poor flying conditions (low ceiling, fog, etc).

unioner101

"Iinsufficient" refers to insufficient trauma to warrant the patient to be transported via medevac. Most likely meaning the job came in sounding legimate enough to the dispatcher to place the medevac on standby only to be cancelled upon the arrival of ALS/BLS because the incident is much less severe in actuality.

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Thats what I thought, you know it sounds very very bad when it came in from someone driving by but the nearest police or ems is like 5 min away, better safe and stand by then not. I kidda figured that because I saw the list once and it was like the time the victim is packaged and arrives at hospital would have to be 20 min or longer if driven along with condictions ect.

And MedicCop I agree with that one too, although I haven't heard it used yet...lmao:lol:

oops here is the link to the Info-Guidelines List for calling for a medivac.

Last edited:

Bronco90

Premium Subscriber
Now this is funny, I can confirm this for sure.
On Saturday I heard REMS say to Monoc-1...
"Canceled due to insufficient trauma"
:lol:

On another note, last night, Sunday, I heard is it Medevac-5?, I know the 5 is right, not sure on Medevac though. Anyway they called in that they were "aborting over the LZ due to mechanical"
REMS asked if they can make it back and he said, "yea", but it was that drawn out unsure like yea. I think I heard them say something like
"in flow". I assuming if I heard right some type of air inflow to engines.
Anyway I heard them say they were safe on deck at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.