North Texas Tollway Authority new repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
It's about time they did something. The current system tends to flake out a lot though I'm surprised they didn't go for one of the VHF DPS channels.

Russell

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Puzzling they went with UHF.
Unless this is for maintence or something like that.
All the DPS Tollway troopers use VHF. Why on earth assign them a UHF channel now.

nd5y

It's about time they did something.

I'ts been years since I lived close enough to hear it. Last I knew they had DPS on their own channel for a while then they cancelled the license for 155.4525 everything was back on the 157.35 repeater in Addison. Is that how it currently is?

I was looking at one of the new UHF locations and discovered that sometime recently they added new 157.35 repeaters in the same locations.
KKS477 (North Texas Tollway Authority) FCC Callsign Details
WQVZ802 (NORTH TEXAS TOLLWAY AUTHORITY) FCC Callsign Details

Maybe they are building two simulcast systems. VHF for DPS and UHF for maintenance.

DustyH777

Premium Subscriber
I'ts been years since I lived close enough to hear it. Last I knew they had DPS on their own channel for a while then they cancelled the license for 155.4525 everything was back on the 157.35 repeater in Addison. Is that how it currently is?

I was looking at one of the new UHF locations and discovered that sometime recently they added new 157.35 repeaters in the same locations.
KKS477 (North Texas Tollway Authority) FCC Callsign Details
WQVZ802 (NORTH TEXAS TOLLWAY AUTHORITY) FCC Callsign Details

Maybe they are building two simulcast systems. VHF for DPS and UHF for maintenance.

Encryption?

nd5y

jason51

There is what appears to be tollway roadside assist and wreckers on the PDV 900 DMR system ID 1499880, I have yet to identify exactly who it is. I have also heard some on the MHZ system that is already listed in database. Not sure on DPS, but on the pdv system, the dispatcher has some kind of direct contact w them.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Dredging this up...

The output is 151.130 (PL 136.5), unknown what the input is yet.

SCPD

QRT
Puzzling they went with UHF.
Unless this is for maintence or something like that.
All the DPS Tollway troopers use VHF. Why on earth assign them a UHF channel now.

Two possibilities:

1 - UHF does much better in all that glass, concrete and steel.
2 - VHF is packed and nothing was clean by coordination.

Also NTTA isn't Texas DPS. They don't think, plan or operate like DPS.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
You'd think someone would have updated the database by now if it's been known they changed frequencies.

rhftw

I live near the Chisolm Trail Parkway in SW Ft. Worth, the 151.13 repeater is very active. From what I hear, they have linked repeaters so all traffic is heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.