NorthComm deleted talk groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B

Premium Subscriber
That is a great question...I was wondering the same thing.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Copy the URL of the database page in question, then paste it into archive.org and see if it happened to have been saved in archival form.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Anyone know what groups deleted in June?

You posted this in the general CA forum, but I recognize you're talking about San Diego RCS. We got a big dump of confirmed Imperial County talkgroups entered which created a bunch of duplicate uses with other legacy talkgroups carried over from the old Motorola Smartzone system. It was clear that at some point when those Imperial County talkgroups were updated in the RCS they obsoleted other older talkgroups, but nobody on RR caught it at the time. For NorthCom, I believe it wiped out:

Elfin Forest Command 1
Elfin Forest Command 2
Elfin Forest Tac 1
Elfin Forest Tac 2
Elfin Forest Tac 3
Elfin Forest Tac 4

Those were analog talkgroups on the old RCS, which I believe were eventually replaced with a single digital Elfin Forest "EFF TAC" which is still in the DB on the new system.

The RCS talkgroups on the RR database are from at least three generations of system re-programming:

1. The original analog talkgroups.
2. The combination analog/digital talkgroups (there were some police departments where they had legacy analog talkgroups and then higher numbered digital talkgroups that superseded them).
3. The migration to P25 and resulting divide by 16 talkgroups.

Note that talkgroups were added and deleted between #1 and #2 as well as between #2 and #3, so without your guys help through submissions along with tips from people with actual Northcom fleetmaps, we won't catch these big changes.

B

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, inigo88, for the information. I appreciate all the time, effort and work you put into the database and forums and understand what you state about the need for local help.

Status
Not open for further replies.