Northeast PA Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomcrow

Retired LE
Does anyone have any updated frequencies for Northeast Pennsylvania? I am an avid Public safety listener with a new digital scanner. Lost my old lists. Looking for any new/digital frequencies for Lackawanna, Luzerne counties including Federal, State, Local, County etc. I have all fire and ambulance I dont care if they are encrypted or you cant listen to them if you have them Ill take them. It would be much appreciated. Retired and have nothing but time to enter them in. I also have a prem subscription to Radio Reference so if you hae a file thats not already here please let me know. Thanks again!

QDP2012

Welcome to RR jerrycrow1973,

A local person might be able to provide a file. In the mean time, to get you started...

To see the DB listings for those counties, look in the "Big Blue Navigation Bar" on any of the Forum pages, and click the Databases" button.

When the US map is shown, click on the shape of Pennsylvania.
When the PA map is shown, click on the shape of either Lackawanna County or Luzerne County. (These links will take you there directly.)

These pages will show you the analog frequencies in-use in those counties. At the bottom of each county is a list of the Trunked Radio Systems that are in-use in those counties.

Also, if you use software to program your scanner, you might be able to use your premium membership to simply download the desired frequencies directly from the RR Database without manually programming on the scanner's keypad.

Hope this helps,

Does anyone have any updated frequencies for Northeast Pennsylvania? I am an avid Public safety listener with a new digital scanner. Lost my old lists. Looking for any new/digital frequencies for Lackawanna, Luzerne counties including Federal, State, Local, County etc. I have all fire and ambulance I dont care if they are encrypted or you cant listen to them if you have them Ill take them. It would be much appreciated. Retired and have nothing but time to enter them in. I also have a prem subscription to Radio Reference so if you hae a file thats not already here please let me know. Thanks again!

Lackawanna and Luzurne Counties information in the database is correct. No one has gone Digital, except for a few Police Agencies, that went DMR. State Police does still maintain their Analog VHF system, but mostly use their 800mhz OpenSky network, which isn't able to be monitored.

KC3ECJ

There has been proposals to have Luzerne County be digital and on a UHF band, but that has not been implemented as of yet.

I'm guessing they considering are going UHF in anticipation of the State Police switching from OpenSky to P25 in a few years.

The P25 system is to be high band VHF but Luzerne County already uses much of those frequencies, so the move to UHF may be in anticipation of the new State Police system.

There has been proposals to have Luzerne County be digital and on a UHF band, but that has not been implemented as of yet.

I'm guessing they considering are going UHF in anticipation of the State Police switching from OpenSky to P25 in a few years.

The P25 system is to be high band VHF but Luzerne County already uses much of those frequencies, so the move to UHF may be in anticipation of the new State Police system.

the UHF system is news to me.. Last I heard it was going to be a Phase 2 VHF system for Luzurne County.

Status
Not open for further replies.