NortheastNet on Lookout tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I just noticed that NortheastNet is on Lookout Mountain Tonight, that's the first time I've ever seen it on Lookout. Also, I recently heard AirNet on Lookout or Squaw for the first time ever, I'm wondering if there are a bunch of non-FRCC subscribers with DTR radios that previously affiliated on Weld County DTRS sites, which are now finding alternative "closest" DTRS towers outside of Weld County such as Lookout or Squaw?

-Nate

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Northeast Net is primarily a console to console group and was rarely heard on Weld towers in the past. AirNet is everywhere and shows up randomly on various DTR towers.

Same goes for the Medical chopper Talkgroups that Ed obsesses about on the monitoring net. There is no single site these groups stay on 24/7. You will only hear activity on a site when a radio in the field is in range of that site. If no one is on that group in range of the site you are going to hear nothing.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Northeast Net is primarily a console to console group and was rarely heard on Weld towers in the past. AirNet is everywhere and shows up randomly on various DTR towers.

Hmm, interesting. Is NortheastNet not used by dispatchers to the same extent as MetroNet? Because I've already heard NortheastNet several times this morning, for Weld County & Morgan County calls.
re: AirNet: AFAIK AirNet hardly EVER affiliated on Thorodin, Squaw, Lookout, Riley or Adams Simulcast. I have logged/heard AirNet on Denver TX (Glendale) and/or Araria, presumably due to proximity to big hospitals.

EDIT: I must not have had enough coffee when I posted this, I forgot that dispatch centers don't need a radio TG to use NortheastNet or MetroNet. Now that I think about it, every time I've been in a good location to hear Weld Simulcast & Nunn, I rarely (if ever) heard NortheastNet. For whatever reason it is now appearing on Lookout. Enough said.:lol:

Last edited:

scanlist

Some agencies use base station radios vs T1 lines for dispatching so the occasional affiliation over a radio site does happen.

The "Net" Talkgroups are intended for dispatch to dispatch comms between agencies.

Steve2003

Some agencies use base station radios vs T1 lines for dispatching so the occasional affiliation over a radio site does happen.

The "Net" Talkgroups are intended for dispatch to dispatch comms between agencies.

Since ISSI isn't implemented yet my guess is Weld County Dispatchers are using portables to access mutual aid groups on DTRS (or possibly a physical radio patched to the the NE Net talkgroup on their consoles).

Every time Adams County comes up on Metro Net you can hear the PTT chirps at the beginning of their conversations.

scanlist

Good point. In the case of Weld I would suspect the reactivated CDOT 14th Ave site in Greeley would be a best bet with Horsetooth and Buckhorn as possibilities.

Possibilities for Adcom, Thornton and Federal Heights on Thorodin, Squaw and Lookout.

Status
Not open for further replies.