NORTHERN FRequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

denebru

i like to listen to the truckers from points north to la ronge,sk.this is on digital or non-digital.most of the truckers have wide open frequencies or the public channels as they call it.
i have a kenwood two way radio which can pick up their broadcast on the public channel.other truckers have radios but i can`t pick up their transmission.maybe it`s digital or non-digital any pointers on how i can pick up any transmission on my bcd996xt handheld radio

BC_Scan

Friend , have you tired the close call option on this digital BASE radio, I have the same rig in my work truck and it is going off when I am mobile all the time Close call DND option , bye pushing the squelch button when radio is on you can engage that function, this will allow you to capture close to you communications (say if you are in traffic around two vehicles communicationg) If they are anything like truckers down here in lower mainland, some have even programmed freqs that they are not licensed for so you could find them anywhere in VHF band.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Excellent suggestion as the BC 996XT is a power house of a scanner which I'm still learning all it can do. The close call feature is an excellent tool. Wish I had it back in the days I didn't live in an urban area. The hand held 396XT is also great.

Sask-possum

Nrt

denebru, the northern boys run on the NRT road channel from saskatoon north. I have 2 icom transcievers with that frequency in them. They also ocassionally use LADD 1 2 3 &4 and some of the AB open channels . But the NRT channel is the priority channel
I will try to get you the NRT frequency, but we are still analog and not digital.

Which trucks were you trying to hear ??

Status
Not open for further replies.