Northern Kentucky Regional Communications System (NKYRCS)

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I know 4616 is encrypted, get lots of hits on that one
4616 is Boone County Animal Control, I don't have the proper talkgroup labeling for it yet but that is who it is.

They were in the clear as of a few days ago. I will need to pay closer attention to see if they have now gone encrypted.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring 4616 for a bit now and it appears they are still in the clear. My Unitrunker logs also show all traffic in the clear.

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
Apparently some Boone Co departments are having issues getting their equipment together due to back orders and supplier issues, word now is that Kenton Co may be the first to go live somewhere around the 20th of this month. Boone Co will follow 2 weeks after that. Campbell Co still has not purchased radios yet.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
The departments I have seen with multiple radios on the system are;

Boone County Animal Control
Boone County Public Works
Florence Public Works
Boone County Sheriff
Walton Fire
Campbell County Roads
Campbell County Office of Emergency Management
Cold Springs Public Works
Ft. Wright Public Works
Kenton County Police
Crescent Springs Fire
Erlanger Fire

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
It appears they have been adding a lot of Boone County radios to the system over the past two days or so.

I also heard some 'routine' traffic from Florence public works today.

One thing I have noticed is just about everyone who uses the new system for the first time mentions how clear the radios are. It's a big difference between digital audio and analog audio and just about everyone has noticed it.

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
That has been a huge topic of discussion for us as well. Coverage is a lot better than the current system as well, they guys cannot wrap their heads around having "service" in places where we usually didn't.

As big of a project this was, and the headaches that came along with it, I'm glad they did it. This will be a game changer for public safety in Northern Kentucky.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
That has been a huge topic of discussion for us as well. Coverage is a lot better than the current system as well, they guys cannot wrap their heads around having "service" in places where we usually didn't.

As big of a project this was, and the headaches that came along with it, I'm glad they did it. This will be a game changer for public safety in Northern Kentucky.
Absolutely agree! I do hope they are giving a good amount of radio training though. So far I haven't heard anyone doing a significant amount of training on the air. These radios and the radio system will operate much different than the current system.

The big things I feel need to be understood are that you need to speak DIRECTLY into the microphone so the noise canceling doesn't cancel out your voice and knowing what channels will be locked to each site versus what channels will be allowed to roam from site to site and how that can effect the scanning performance of the radios.

They have a lot of other things that also need to be learned but from a safety standpoint I think those are the most important.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Anyone know what radios they are using, APX Single or Multi-Band? Harris? Kenwood? Just curious

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what radios they are using, APX Single or Multi-Band? Harris? Kenwood? Just curious
From what I have seen from public documents, all the above. Each agency was responsible for purchasing their own radios, some went in together to get a better price.

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
You are correct, each individual department bought whatever they wanted, or could afford. There is a good mix of manufacturers represented so it will be interesting to see which works out the best.

Most fire departments around me have Motorola APX 6000XE's. There's some 8000's scattered in for chiefs and EMA mostly. I heard that Boone Co has a lot of Kenwood units in play. I haven't seen many police radios so I have no idea what they will be using.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
You are correct, each individual department bought whatever they wanted, or could afford. There is a good mix of manufacturers represented so it will be interesting to see which works out the best.

Most fire departments around me have Motorola APX 6000XE's. There's some 8000's scattered in for chiefs and EMA mostly. I heard that Boone Co has a lot of Kenwood units in play. I haven't seen many police radios so I have no idea what they will be using.
Thanks, just wanted to know what the mixture looked like.

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
If someone could submit all the TG info in the following format it would be greatly appreciated.

DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag

1. All talkgroup input data must be tab delimited or separated by at least 2 spaces.
  2. Don't put more than 1 space within fields. For example, don't put more than 1 consecutive space anywhere in a talkgroup description or group name
  3. Consider using Microsoft Excel to format your data, then cut and paste the formatted data to the form.

If it’s added to the RR database, yes.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
If someone could submit all the TG info in the following format it would be greatly appreciated.

DECHEXMode Alpha TagDescriptionTag

1. All talkgroup input data must be tab delimited or separated by at least 2 spaces.
  2. Don't put more than 1 space within fields. For example, don't put more than 1 consecutive space anywhere in a talkgroup description or group name
  3. Consider using Microsoft Excel to format your data, then cut and paste the formatted data to the form.
Ill get them all in today. @scannerboy02 is red encrypted on the PDF Files?

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber

DECHEXModeAlpha TagDescriptionTag

The "known" talkgroup info has been posted here, and updated several times. If a database admin would like to click on the latest PDF they could do the work themselves.

As for someone submitting information that someone else posted in this forum I ask, did you independently verify the information that was posted? If so go for it, if not be careful of what you put your name on.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
The "known" talkgroup info has been posted here, and updated several times. If a database admin would like to click on the latest PDF they could do the work themselves.

As for someone submitting information that someone else posted in this forum I ask, did you independently verify the information that was posted? If so go for it, if not be careful of what you put your name on.
If you are referring to me, the PDF I am going off of was posted by you. I know that all Kenton County Law Dispatch talk groups have been verified by my source, I am assuming that you verified the Campbell & Boone county talk groups that are on PDF.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
If you are referring to me, the PDF I am going off of was posted by you. I know that all Kenton County Law Dispatch talk groups have been verified by my source, I am assuming that you verified the Campbell & Boone county talk groups that are on PDF.

All I'm saying is that I personally would not submit information to the database that I personally did not verify. If you feel comfortable enough about what's been posted here to put your name on it and submit it as yours go for it.