Northern Kentucky Regional Communications System (NKYRCS)

MikeSmith0096

The zip code method with the full database isn't very precise. You can try reducing the range setting to see if that helps any. It probably loaded nearby Marcs-IP sites as well as Indiana SafeT. You'll probably get better results by creating favorites lists with your systems of interest & scanning them rather than the full database. Just remember that favorite lists don't get updated automatically. Not usually a big deal since it's generally pretty easy to manually update as needed.
How can I manually update by using sentinel page to update my favorites list?

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
How can I manually update by using sentinel page to update my favorites list?

After updating the master database, just cut or delete the system out of your favorite list then append the updated system from the master database back into your favorite list. Of course, you can also make changes using the "edit> favorite lists" function in sentinel, but that's a bit more involved.

MikeSmith0096

After updating the master database, just cut or delete the system out of your favorite list then append the updated system from the master database back into your favorite list. Of course, you can also make changes using the "edit> favorite lists" function in sentinel, but that's a bit more involved.
Ok cool and thank you very much you helped me a lot there.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Just note that the new NKY system will not load into the scanner yet due to it not having any talkgroups listed so if you want to listen to it you will need to build it manually and use ID search mode.

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
I added the 3 TG's from a few posts ago to the DB. We can change the descriptions as use increases. I presume they are TDMA?

Just note that the new NKY system will not load into the scanner yet due to it not having any talkgroups listed so if you want to listen to it you will need to build it manually and use ID search mode.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I added the 3 TG's from a few posts ago to the DB. We can change the descriptions as use increases. I presume they are TDMA?
You can add the talkgroups in the PDF I attached to post 119 if you want to start populating stuff.

They are all TDMA.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Currently working on a ProScan & Unication file for the new system.

Last edited:

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Here is a Unication G4 Codelpug, which has all Fire/EMA/Events for all 3 counties including systemwide event channels. voice announcement is enabled with custom readouts. Once all law talk groups are mapped I will update this accordingly. If you need this for a separate model number. Import into the PPS & Convert to your model pager.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I received information today all but confirming that all Campbell County law enforcement channels will be fully encrypted on the new system.

It seems like they are going to be the only ones fully encrypted, Boone and Kenton will have the primary channels in the clear with the rest mostly encrypted.

This would make Campbell County the first in our region to go fully encrypted for law enforcement.

Qwerty7

Thanks for the update. Can you clarify about Boone & Kenton...Primary channels will be in the clear with "the rest" mostly encrypted.
Who is "the rest" ? Fire will be in the clear ?

Thanks very much

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Thanks for the update. Can you clarify about Boone & Kenton...Primary channels will be in the clear with "the rest" mostly encrypted.
Who is "the rest" ? Fire will be in the clear ?

Thanks very much
Law Enforcement Tactical, NCIC, CID, NARC is going to be encrypted. Fire should remain unencrypted.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Here is an updated list of TGID's based on newly acquired information.

Attachments

• 200604 NKY TRS TGIDs.pdf
    60.6 KB · Views: 75

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I am still looking for radio templates that anyone is willing to share. Fire, police, public works and any others are all welcome.

I was able to verify 45 additional talk groups on my last update that all came from a single template that I was provided.

If you are not able to share them publicly please feel free to contact me directly. Any help with this is VERY much appreciated.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
I have a neighbor that is with Kenton co , she seems well aware of the systems in and outs I will get with her and see has and new info , do you know who is running the system I have a friends that is heavy involved in the fire dept side