Northern Kentucky Regional Communications System (NKYRCS)

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
a
Sorry. I thought all Tactical or Car channels were supposed to be encrypted. Is this supposed to be a Dispatch channel or what would we classify this as
This is a "city band" channel that they can use to talk amongst themselves. Most police, fire and public works departments have them. They are not encrypted, that way everyone can use it. Fire department can talk to the police, police can talk to public works, public works can talk to fire... Etc.

W8VI

"Cannot profile G5 profile into a G4 pager" says the PPS software when I import then try to program the G4.

Scannerboy's profile is excellent and the best I have seen - anyway to modify his G5 profile so it can be loaded into a G4?

N KY P25 system is about -116dbm here from the Boone tower in Clermont county on a SDS200 with outside 8 el yagi. Most of the time the G4 is more readable. The Inverted setting seems to work better than the other filter choices on SDS100 & 200.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
This is a PPS version 0.3.12.16 DMR capable G5 file so you will need to have that version of the PPS and will likely need to use the "convert model" option to make it work with wherever model of Unication you have.

A G5 file will not load into a G4 without being converted into a G4 file. I have never tried loading the file into a non-DMR capable Unication as all of mine are DMR capable but I think you may also need to convert the file into a non-DMR file also, if your Unication isn't DMR capable.

W8VI

Scannerboy02 - I created a new profile for my G4 then imported your G5 profile into that new profile and it worked using PPS Ver 03.14.15. Also deleted the DMR Zones and channels before importing.

Not sure if my G4 is DMR capable and will try creating a new profile with the DMR zones included when I get some more time to experiment.

But for now your profile is working great for SW Ohio and northern KY - thank you for uploading your excellent profile here on RR.

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
Kenton Co Law units are live. Sounds good and I haven't heard any issues. Fire will do final testing this afternoon and go live tomorrow morning.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody have a idea on Kenton Law dispatch how did they divide north and south

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
Edgewood, Ft Mitchell, Ft Wright, Lakeside, Ludlow, Park Hills, Villa Hills are on North

County PD, Animal Control, Erlanger, Elsmere, Independence, Taylor Mill are on South

Covington still has their own talkgroups

swstow

Premium Subscriber
Edgewood, Ft Mitchell, Ft Wright, Lakeside, Ludlow, Park Hills, Villa Hills are on North

County PD, Animal Control, Erlanger, Elsmere, Independence, Taylor Mill are on South

Covington still has their own talkgroups
thanks

Towfiredog550

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if a RadioShack pro-651 Digital trunking can be used to listen to the new Boone and Kenton co police and Fire channels??