northern lower michigan power companies???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmchalmers

anybody know how to find p.i.e.&g or touchtone energy co ops. data base says on michigan p25 but nothing. use to be on analog 451.200 but has gone dead last yr. have been doing search with scan with close call on an no luck whats so ever. close call hits from 30 miles away so should find something if not on dmr.

hightime

You can give this a try. Go to Michigan Database Alpena County page. Find the FCC tab and click. The next page scroll down to Browse FCC Data in Alpena County and click Display all FCC license in Alpena County. On the next page turn off all the green tabs highlighted and turn on Business Trunked.
The license is good yet but I don't know if it's still active.
Good luck

ffemtjg

Touchstone Energy is like a holding(?) company. It is made up of many electric cooperatives across a few states, PIE&G and Homeworks being a couple of them.

I had to do some digging, they don't readily show up under Alpena or Presque Isle counties. If you look under FCC licenses in Presque Isle county as mentioned earlier, there is a license for PIE&G (WQHM929). It's a UHF trunking system with 4 or 5 sites across a few counties in the NE. The emission designator is not for DMR though. I seem to remember (don't quote me) that there was a utility in that area that was using MPT1327. I don't know for sure that this is the case for PIE&G but it seems like it is because they have data and voice emissions both listed on the license and it's not the standard emissions for DMR, P25, etc.

dmchalmers

Touchstone Energy is like a holding(?) company. It is made up of many electric cooperatives across a few states, PIE&G and Homeworks being a couple of them.

I had to do some digging, they don't readily show up under Alpena or Presque Isle counties. If you look under FCC licenses in Presque Isle county as mentioned earlier, there is a license for PIE&G (WQHM929). It's a UHF trunking system with 4 or 5 sites across a few counties in the NE. The emission designator is not for DMR though. I seem to remember (don't quote me) that there was a utility in that area that was using MPT1327. I don't know for sure that this is the case for PIE&G but it seems like it is because they have data and voice emissions both listed on the license and it's not the standard emissions for DMR, P25, etc.
pie& g did have a system of 4-5 sites as mtp1327 but its seemed to have gone digital a few yrs ago. think it was 451.200 have a tower in red oak an one somewhere in lewiston area i haven't been able to pick up anything with bcd436hp in search with scan or close call yet

Status
Not open for further replies.