Northern NH FireComm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
With renovations complete here is what it looks like today. This is also where I stream Northern NH FireComm for this site along with scannewengland's teamspeak.

My collection consist of mostly motorola's - this isn't because i need motorola so i can look cool it's simply because in Northern NH, public safety two way communication is almost all VHF and conventional. The P25 quality doesn't compare to that of a scanner and the over all receive and audio quality is like night and day...i think those who use moto will agree with me. Before i get hit with questions about transmitting, haha i do use them for local plow/landscaping company in town that i work for part time. I DO NOT transmit on public safety channels. Those are RX ONLY.

Now for some pics..they are as follows:

1) Computer to the left is an older gateway running windows 98 - i use this to do all my programming. Works perfect for windows and DOS programs. Mounted on the counter is a Kenwood TK-730G remote head, the radio itself is mounted underneath. - this is used for the Northern NH Fire Feed. Tv mounted on the wall, hard line telephone and main computer which streams the audio for the feeds.

2.) Next is showing the other half of the room with the main computer again in the corner, some portables, and a toughbook which is used for online feeds. All the way to the right in the photo are my radios. 1 UHF Motorola CDM1550, and 4 ASTRO Spectra's VHF.

3.) Portables - 2 XTS2500 and 1 MTS2000 - all of em VHF

4.) Remote mounted VHF ASTRO Spectra W7 in my room for "bedroom" monitoring.

Attachments

• RR1.JPG
    RR1.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 2,104
  • RR2.JPG
    RR2.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 2,115
  • RR4.JPG
    RR4.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 2,093

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Yup, nice looking set up - though I don't understand the lone control head installed on the wall under the thermostat, but it's not MY house!!! And I agree, let's see an antenna farm shot!

Mike

hfxChris

Database Admin
Yup, nice looking set up - though I don't understand the lone control head installed on the wall under the thermostat, but it's not MY house!!! And I agree, let's see an antenna farm shot!

Mike

4.) Remote mounted VHF ASTRO Spectra W7 in my room for "bedroom" monitoring.
Although I agree, it seems like an odd place to put it. Perhaps next to the bed would be more appropriate :p

Great setup though!

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
Thanks for the replys. The wall mounted ASTRO is in an entirely different section of the house. I wanted one so if i don't wanna be down in the "shack" i can still monitor some stuff. If you saw the whole layout of the room it wouldn't seem as odd...maybe, lol.

I don't have any real recent photos of my antennas but here is one that was taken about 2 years ago....not much has changed.

Thanks!

Attachments

• P1010014.jpg
    P1010014.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,898

commscanaus

That is such a cool setup.

If ever there was an example of how to combine radio equipment into the home decor, this would have to be it!

It all blends together so nicely.

Any chance of a closeup pic of the illuminated radio rack?

Regards, Commscanaus.

That's setup i'm going with in 2010 but not MOTO I'm going with ICOM. What power supply are you using to power up the radios?

Last edited:

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
thanks for the comments!

To answer some questions, I'm using a 15 amp power supply with a rigrunner 4005. Works fine for what i need it for. If you were transmitting on a regular basis i'd recommend a higher amp power supply. You can see how the power is distributed in the 2nd photo via the rigrunner. (bottom of rack)

Attachments

• RR5.JPG
    RR5.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,573
  • RR6.JPG
    RR6.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 1,530
Status
Not open for further replies.