Northern Philadelphia Active Shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD2JFA

Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Four officers shot so far at Temple University in what seems like a drug raid gone south. Narcotics officers are pinned inside of the building with three in cuffs and the shooter is in the basement still armed and actively firing.

w2xq

Mentor
Been listening to this 15th & Butler near Temple since ~4:30, live helo news video on 3-6-10-29. Quite something. 10 has best helo position. 5 officers shot. Took forever to clear excess patrol cars and officers out of area. Broad street cleared for med runs to Einstein, Temple hospital and adjacent locked down. Swat in rear, now in charge of ops. 2 officers on second floor being fired on by gunman on first floor. CP set up Broad & Erie. Ongoing.

w2xq

Mentor
6 officers shot now; others injured. Girlfriend is being questioned to get info. Radio is quiet, think most on-scene comms on SWAT. Negotiating is on or soon; has package on suspect. What a mess.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
6 officers shot now; others injured. Girlfriend is being questioned to get info. Radio is quiet, think most on-scene comms on SWAT. Negotiating is on or soon; has package on suspect. What a mess.
What channel r u listing to on the radio

w2xq

Mentor
And with the audio already out there and "facebook journalists" posting sensitive information I fear it will only be a matter of time now before all those PPD streams go silent. Its sad, really. Just mark my words that I said it...
No SWAT or negotiation comms are being broadcast. I'm hearing TV news bundling what I hear, that be it.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yep, J band is in the clear but we both know it's not easy to pick up as it is simulcast and subject to LSM. Your average criminal doesn't have the ability to hear it except on their app on the phone.

Just to let everybody know they are of course on dark channels now of course but you will hear some support units on J Band, T band and District bands.

This was an unfortunate occurrence today and we can only hope everybody is okay, except the shooter.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
...let's not get this one closed. Let's use this for updates and information.

Moderator's comment: Good advice

Last edited by a moderator:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
You do the honors Dan as far as what you just told me.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Okay was just made public. Cops are free. Suspect still hold up inside.

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
Why would the shooter bother listening to the radio app when he'll have lookouts texting him from outside the house where LE is at. The DEA was doing surveillance in that area the past several weeks. Apparently the Intel wasn't too good.
Rich - N3VMY - KAG0096

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Dan I was referring to your text about the release. It was made official, the two cops are out of the building and the shooter is still hold up.

w2xq

Mentor
Glad the officers got out. I am not getting into a circular gunfight in this discourse. No more from me. Good night, over and out.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Rules for thee not for me. I trust independent reporting far more than agenda driven media (not saying you are that way) but most seem to be.

I'm hearing reports that the guy is possibly dead now. Not sure what is true.
Perhaps the gunman is dead but that has not been released yet by the police so it cannot be reported without confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.