• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Northern VA repeaters... LOTS of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KX4KDH

Database Admin
I noticed quite a bit of GMRS repeater activity on a recent trip to Northern VA. (Manassas/Fairfax/Sterling etc.) All I heard was repeater IDs, and no traffic. I managed to get all of them to trigger once I got the PL tones right. There were at least four in this area, one that I know about in Alexandria: 675 / PL141.3

There were also repeaters on 550, 650, and I think the other was 600..

I don't know Morse Code, otherwise I could have at least identified who they belong to... One of them had a HUGE footprint..... Next time I am up, I will write them all down!

fineshot1

Just be aware that not all repeaters heard on GMRS repeater freqs
are GMRS repeaters.

Many are grandfathered commercial repeaters or base stations that
were allocated those freq pairs before GMRS came into being.

fratermus

I don't know Morse Code, otherwise I could have at least identified who they belong to... One of them had a HUGE footprint..... Next time I am up, I will write them all down!

There are freeware morse code decoders for smartphone. The one I have used is Morse Code Reader for android.

KX4KDH

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

fineshot1 said:
Just be aware that not all repeaters heard on GMRS repeater freqs
are GMRS repeaters.

Many are grandfathered commercial repeaters or base stations that
were allocated those freq pairs before GMRS came into being.

Well, I found out who has the .500 repeater there: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=2524674

KX4KDH

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

And another on .500: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=3330269

ecps92

KX4KDH

Database Admin

ecps92 said:
462.5000 is Business Band [IB] not GMRS [ZA] ;)

GMRS is 462.5500 thru 462.7250 at 25 Khz channel spacing

Wow. What a catastrophic failure on my part. FAIL.

Last edited:

KX4KDH

Database Admin
Here we go....

Well, it turns out the American Red Cross is still licensed in Falls Church, VA Just renewed in December, 2011. This is for a .675 repeater. The license the have that covers 575, and 675 expires in May...

So if anyone up there hears something on 462.675. let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.