Northern VA -WMATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris45

Has anyone noticed that the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) aka METRO radio system appears dead? Usually a very strong signal on all fleets and now nothing. Has the symptoms of the possibility of a rebanding.

Just curious if anyone knows.

Chris45

That's Interesting

There must be some aspect of the signal that is out.

Up until today it was strong with all bars.

In Fairfax county and there is now no system detected.

Maybe they have dropped their signal strength?

Chris45

I am Using...

I'm in Loudoun. No issue with signal strength.
The control channel is currently 496.5375.

A Pro-106 and a BCD436HP both giving the same results. I put 496.5375 into a conventional channel on the Pro-106 and it sounded consistent and weak with only 1 bar. According to RR Database it is an alternate CC.

On the 436 I have even scanned using the entire national database, and cannot hit the system for some reason.

My location is on the Fairfax/Prince William line near Manassas. Everything, and I mean both radios, were receiving WMATA great until today. And the 106 is pretty good about pulling weak signals.

Until today, I considered WMATA to have the most widespread system with great coverage.

RohrCarFan

Recent wmata frequencys

Working normal for me. There is no rebanding on the 490 band.

Hello how are you I just got a new scanner and I know that wmata switched to the newest trunking system could you give me the list of the most recent wmata frequencies I do like to hear the train operators talk to central. And the old frequencies that there on don't work and I couldn't find valid info to what band there on now . I appreciate any help you could give me on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.