Northern Virginia Electric Co-op

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
I have searched the FCC ULS database and programmed all of the Active license frequencies for NOVEC. Nothing heard. Anyone with info on where NOVEC operations may be heard?

dtscho

Database Admin
I've heard them before on:

153.2000 [ ] Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (DMR - Color Code 1, Slot 1, Group 101) (R)

(This is the repeater in Stafford.)

They're not talkative. I suspect they may be using DMR conventional repeaters linked with IP Site Connect.

Dave

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
All I have heard for two days is occasional telemetry bursts on 173.39625 (173.395 programmed into the radio)

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Well, during the after storm response over the past few days I heard zilch from the frequencies licensed to NOVEC. Anyone else? I wonder if they are using a commercial radio system (belonging to some other company)

JASII

Memory Capacity
All I have heard for two days is occasional telemetry bursts on 173.39625 (173.395 programmed into the radio)

That is probably not a voice frequency. Do you have a radio that can listen to DMR? If not, you are probably out of luck.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Yes, this is not a voice freq. It is a telemetry freq used by power companies.

That is probably not a voice frequency. Do you have a radio that can listen to DMR? If not, you are probably out of luck.

W4UVV

NVEC

I have searched the FCC ULS database and programmed all of the Active license frequencies for NOVEC. Nothing heard. Anyone with info on where NOVEC operations may be heard?

-----------------------

No NVEC frequencies are within my monitoring range but attached is an extract file of NVEC frequencies from my Va. database directory.

KIC837 frequencies all are analog voice conventional and WQKQ612 all are MOTOTRBO trunked voice/data.

John
W4UVV

Last edited:

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Here's the license for what I believe to be a MOTOTRBO IP Site Connect system:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQKQ612

153.2000 has the characteristic long data bursts for IP Site Connect.

Dave

I have the freqs for this license programmed into my 436 & 536 as conventional and trunked. I hear nothing either way. I haven't analyzed this system using DSD+.

Is this type of system able to be listened to?

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
I have the freqs for this license programmed into my 436 & 536 as conventional and trunked. I hear nothing either way. I haven't analyzed this system using DSD+.

Is this type of system able to be listened to?

I've run the freqs of the system in DSD+. I get data decode every few minutes on each freq. Only info obtained is Color Code 1. No talkgroups/voice calls as of 24 hours worth of monitoring.

dtscho

Database Admin
Like I said, they don't talk much. They may only be active during storms. Their system can definitely be monitored with DMR-capable scanners. It's probably an IP Site Connect system, which the scanners treat as conventional DMR.

Dave

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
DSD+ reports TG 101, a RID. But no actual voice was decoded, and no seconds timer on the TG 101 line.

Not talk much is an understatement. I would think during the course of a day there would be somebody talking on a radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.