Northern Virginia Emergency Response System

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
This group has put a 100 W DRM system at the Harrison Rd. landfill in Spotsylvania Co. and has license for several other locations. This site, call sign WSCM479, identifies itself as L1-2. It is by far the strongest signal (outside the FM broadcast band) that is received here and I have been unable to filter out some problems with receivers here. I have yet to hear anything but the DMR control channel grinding away (current on 464.900). This was one of Spotsylvania Mall's frequencies (certainly no longer usable).
Note that despite its name, the license application says " Radios will be used for non-emergency services. Itinerants will be used at various unspecified locations throughout the US for job site communications.".
I expect them to try to leverage activities that were in the past done by the amateur radio community.

Last edited:

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
This group has put a 100 W DRM system at the Harrison Rd. landfill in Spotsylvania Co. and has license for several other locations. This site, call sign WSCM479, identifies itself as L1-2. It is by far the strongest signal (outside the FM broadcast band) that is received here and I have been unable to filter out some problems with receivers here. I have yet to hear anything but the DMR control channel grinding away (current on 464.900). This was one of Spotsylvania Mall's frequencies (certainly no longer usable).
Note that despite its name, the license application says " Radios will be used for non-emergency services. Itinerants will be used at various unspecified locations throughout the US for job site communications.".
I expect them to try to leverage activities that were in the past done by the amateur radio community.

richardbritt

Database Admin
It's a tier 3 dmr according to the above texts. How would I go about trying to monitor a tier 3 dmr system? Tier 2 DMR I do quite often using my bcd436hp upgraded to dmr and nxdn. Tier 3 I believe has a continuous signal. Any suggestions? Thank you

Linuxcave

Odd name since their FCC filing states 90.35a - Radios will be used for non-emergency services. Itinerants will be used at various unspecified locations throughout the US for job site communications.

freqhopping

It's sounds like the Lansdowne Hospital site (WSCA411) may be online. Solid control channel on 464.775. On my BCD436 it shows Net1, Site5, Color Code 0, Slot 1, DT3.

Hbright

Seems like NVERS' new system is replacing their MEDCOM channels on Fairfax Co's 800 MHz system.

MEDCOM operates similarly to DCHA's HMARS on DC's 7/800 MHz system.

Last edited:

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber

Seems like NVERS' new system is replacing their MEDCOM channels on Fairfax Co's 800 MHz system.

MEDCOM operates similarly to DCHA's HMARS on DC's 7/800 MHz system.
1) HMARS is not th ename of DCHA'S talkgroups on DC's 7/800 MHz System
HMARS is a single UHF frequency managed by MEDCOM

2) While something needs to replace the RCHH medical talkgroups on Fairfax Co's 800 MHz system, its not NVERS.
Unitl Fairfax changed out antennas their system could be reached all the way down to Fredericksburg, no its signal doesnt leave the county.

3) NVERS system is something new, and while we would all like to know more about how it will be used...
It is DMR and majority of public saftey vehicles in the NCR that use the med tgs on FFX system dont have a DMR radio to use NVERS.

Hbright

1) HMARS is not th ename of DCHA'S talkgroups on DC's 7/800 MHz System
HMARS is a single UHF frequency managed by MEDCOM
I encourage you to listen to recordings of DC TG 159.

“Good morning, this is DC Health conducting HMARS system [test].”
2) While something needs to replace the RCHH medical talkgroups on Fairfax Co's 800 MHz system, its not NVERS.
Unitl Fairfax changed out antennas their system could be reached all the way down to Fredericksburg, no its signal doesnt leave the county.

3) NVERS system is something new, and while we would all like to know more about how it will be used...
It is DMR and majority of public saftey vehicles in the NCR that use the med tgs on FFX system dont have a DMR radio to use NVERS.
The X post specifically says the new system will “link all hospitals and skilled nursing facilities within the region,” which is what the 800 MHz MEDCOM TGs (1128 for hospitals, 1130 for SNF) do now.

This should not be confused for hospital consult channels, which is likely what you’re referring to re: public saftey (sic) vehicles. In fact, FCFRD doesn’t have the MEDCOM TGs in their radios, again it links hospitals/SNF, not public safety agencies.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
Never heard it - my guess is DC TG 159 (not listed on RR) is a patch to the actual UHF HMARS frequency then.
No doubt the twitter post is correct, but doubt those other TGs you mention are going away.

Hbright

Never heard it - my guess is DC TG 159 (not listed on RR) is a patch to the actual UHF HMARS frequency then.
I don’t believe it’s patched to any UHF freqs—I used to scan the UHF Med freqs—but it’s possible. But, per the RIDs, everyone’s using the 700 MHz side.

Im not sure I understand why hospitals would have the new UHF hospital-hospital radio system in addition to the existing 800 MHz system?

t349r

Im not sure I understand why hospitals would have the new UHF hospital-hospital radio system in addition to the existing 800 MHz system?
Their service area through the state health department is quite large (recently expanded) and not confined to traditional Northern Virginia. Their website lists member hospitals/SNFs as far away as Bath County and Lexington, VA. There is no way that Fairfax's 800 MHz system is able to touch facilities that far away...

Last edited:

Hbright

I get what yall are saying, but have you actually listened to the existing 800 MHz MEDCOM TGs? They reach hospitals pretty far from Fairfax Co's towers. Maybe they're using some sort of patch? Maybe it's just high-powered mobiles?

Some of the more distant facilities (and their RIDs on the 800 MHz MEDCOM TGs):

Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center (3187426)
Fauquier Hospital (3187418)
Mary Washington Hospital (3187414)
Inova Loudoun Hospital (3187412)
Stafford Hospital (3187421)

Carriage Hill Health & Rehab Center (3187471)
Falls Run Nursing and Rehabilitation (3187499)
Fauquier Health Rehabilitation and Nursing Center (3187488)

And correction to what I said earlier, DC's TG159 is actually 800 MHz.