Northern Virginia-Fairfax County

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeBander

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone this is my first post here on Radio Reference.

I Monitor the Washington DC Area and wanted to find out if anybody in the area was having problems Listening to the Fairfax County PD, FD and EMS after Rebanding?

I have a Homepatrol HP-1 and the Firmware is up to date but after downloading the new database I'm not hearing anything for those services.

I was thinking the database might be wrong(Fairfax County is a Radio Reference Sponsered Site)

Last note is even listening to Fairfax County Public Services here on Radio Reference its not sounding all that great and seems to be missing alot of traffic.

Was wondering if I have a Scanner problem or is it a Rebanding problem.

Any Help is much apreciated Thanks, Rick

fyrman7263

Premium Subscriber
I have a full scanner set up 2 actually and I am not heraing the control channel. I think they are either having a problem or have changed the control channel. The live feed here seems to work fime I have sent him a pm to see what his scanner is programed like. If you hear anything else please post it

ka4gfy

Fairfax County Public Safety?

Fairfax County's public safety system has been very quiet for the last few days, as reported in other threads.

Fairfax County Police are operating on the P25 system, however I am only hearing the talkgroups for 2/6 and 4/7. I am not hearing the fire department at all, yet the audio feed is working on the internet.

I checked to make sure I have the right control channels.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks,
Rich

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Fairfax County's public safety system has been very quiet for the last few days, as reported in other threads.

Fairfax County Police are operating on the P25 system, however I am only hearing the talkgroups for 2/6 and 4/7. I am not hearing the fire department at all, yet the audio feed is working on the internet.

I checked to make sure I have the right control channels.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks,
Rich

I was on I 66 yesterday and and everything sounded normal to me (on my PRS 800). What kind of scanner are you using?

ka4gfy

I'm using a Pro 106.

I am also not hearing anything on the backup system as well.

Since you were able to hear normal activity from I-66, it makes me wonder if a transmitter ste has gone down in the east end of the county.

brownlab

I was on I 66 yesterday and and everything sounded normal to me (on my PRS 800). What kind of scanner are you using? Have not used a PRO in a while but it sounds more to me like something got messed up in your radio program scehme. Do you program your radio using softwarer? First thing I would do is reprogram Fairfax with whatever solfware you are using. Make sure you are not missing anything and anything got locked out by mistake. Clerk the fleetmap types 1 and 2, and check to make sure all of you freguencies are present. If you have only your control channel working, turn that off. You need all the frequncies. Let me know if that works (if you have not already). Check you custom trunking table to make sure your Base Freg is 851.006250 at 6.250 Step and 762.006250 at 6.250 Step

Make sure the NFM is on and the ATT is off...Let me know if this helps

Last edited:

ka4gfy

I ended up re-loading all the Fairfax County systems. It appears to be working OK now. Not sure what was wrong.

Thanks for everybody's help!

Rich

brownlab

Sometimes your programming gets messed up. I have accidently turned on (or off) something or have inadvertently locked something out. Also with Fairfax, you have to have all your trunk channels enabled since there is so much going on, you will miss a lot if you are just only listening to your Control Channel. I do not hear Fairfax very well from my location in Loudoun but the radio was trying to pull in various Farifax TGs this morning on my PRS 800 so I was pretty sure the system was not down. Anyhow I am glad you got it working. Happy TG!

BL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.