Northglenn - Best Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
Have wandered through and around both Northglenn and Thorton, and the Adams Simulcast doesn't seem to have changed much. Still a little hit and miss in Commerce City at times, but that was expected. Wonder how well it's working out for them?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Delete all Weld County & Adams County TG's from DTRS, EXCEPT for Adams County MAC & North Metro Fire Dispatch. Am I missing anything that's still on DTRS??
Done. I was waiting for someone to submit the request after enough research had been completed to ensure they were off of the DTRS for good.

I believe TGID 54 NMetroFDOpsB (North Metro Fireground Operations B) is still on DTRS and is not on FRCC. There's still a little bit of unknown regarding certain agencies (Mountain View FD being one), but overall it seems like most everything from Adams and Weld were moved entirely off of DTRS.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I believe TGID 54 NMetroFDOpsB (North Metro Fireground Operations B) is still on DTRS and is not on FRCC....

You are quite correct, I can't believe I missed that one. N. Metro Ops B is only on DTRS, and OPS A is only on FRCC. I just submitted a DB update request to fix this:)

Last edited:

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
NMetroFDOpsB is still listed in the DTRS under Broomfield County with some of the other North Metro FD TG's. Should some of these TG's under Broomfield be moved or deleted?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
NMetroFDOpsB is still listed in the DTRS under Broomfield County with some of the other North Metro FD TG's. Should some of these TG's under Broomfield be moved or deleted?

Dang I forgot all about that, North Metro Ops B should stay in Broomfield like it is. Broomfield voted to stay on DTRS, and the Broomfield TG's are all correct. North Metro Ops B is only used on DTRS by Broomfield. So, you should cancel my update request and leave everything as-is...

stevecubfan

Premium Subscriber
now this is a weird one .I listed all the 800 control channels doing a service search put them in as a wild card to see which ones worked where .I did them indivuaaly. the other day I did the same with 700. I came upon 765.40625. Idid not see it anywhere in the database. It works better for me than thoridin or the simulast. .it also works at my wifes doctors office in and outside at 104 and colorado blvd. which rarely works. I hear all the nearby agencies in adams. location is 102 and quivas using radio shack 106. i

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
... I came upon 765.40625. Idid not see it anywhere in the database...i

Wow, I'm not finding not 765.40625 in ULS (I did separate searches filtering by Geosearch and Licensee state). A couple questions:

*Are you sure you have the correct center frequency?
*Which agencies do you think you heard??
*Does the 106 display System ID info for a CC?

stevecubfan

Premium Subscriber
I didn't think I heard them, I know I'm hearing them. I removed thoridin and adams simucast. I'm getting a 99% reading off the control channel.correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't this near the frequency range when 700 originally came on board ?

Spitfire8520

It's possibly some type of intermodulation issue. I'm not in the area, but a quick test of the frequency doesn't result in anything that sounds like a control channel on my Pro-106. If you go to 'TUNE' on the Pro-106 and put in the frequency, it should flash some lines of data. One of these should be "Sy:xxx R00x S00x" and the other line should be a decode percentage as well as"W:xxxxx." If you provide that information, it should help in identifying what you are listening to.

Spitfire8520

What your Pro-106 has basically said is that you are listening to Adams County Simulcast (Zone 5, Site 22) on the FRCC system (5AB/BEE00). It's possible that your scanner is picking up some type of image frequency (caused by factors like scanner hardware) of the Simulcast and your scanner just recognizes it at as control channel and decodes it as such. I think that the frequency will likely be unique to either just your scanner (or might include the PSR-500/Pro-106 family) and will not work for Uniden scanners. If it helps with multipathing and decode rates, it might not be a bad idea to keep it. There's a chance that if you leave the area, it might stop working so it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep the other control channels stored somewhere.

stevecubfan

Premium Subscriber
I thank you for the info . I will try listening in various places and should it not work I will put the 700 simulcast back in.

thorntonoid

I put 765.40625 into my 800 and am getting really good reception at 112th and Colorado. I tried it at work 120th and Sable and getting a really strong signal there also. I used 765.40625 as a control channel in the 800 and ran Pro96 this afternoon and it came back with a control channel listing of 772.99375 not 765.40625. I'm not sophisticated enough to understand whats happing here, but its weird to me.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
772.99375 should be the primary control for Adams Simulcast, so Pro96 is giving you the straight story on that.

765.40625 ties to no system with which I am familiar. Are you sure about your frequency there? Where did you run across it?

thorntonoid

Right, I got 765.40625 off post #26 and stuck it into the 800, works better than 772.99375, with less of the modulation interfierance you get with simulcast. Surprised me. What surprised me more was using Pro96 and instead of getting 765.40625 reflected back from Pro96 as the CC, I got 772.99375. 10 years ago I'd just call ADCOM and ask them whats up, but they wont talk to me anymore. I suspect this has somthing to do with getting rid of the out of sync modulation from simulcasting several towers?

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
did you read post 26 ?
Nope. Missed it completely, along with more of that day's traffic. Wonder what THAT'S about? Like Nate, I tossed it into the FCC database to see who owns it and came up totally blank.

Meanwhile
Steve - how much of Adams are you still getting off Thoridin? Just the outliers that were mentioned here earlier?

stevecubfan

Premium Subscriber
I'm not using thoridin any longer. but what I did do is temporarily remove 765.40625 and put thoridin in and scan as a wildcard. the only talkgroups of any interest i'm hearing are longmont jeffco so and broomfield. there is nothing for adams county.

Steve2003

Steve - how much of Adams are you still getting off Thoridin? Just the outliers that were mentioned here earlier?

On a business trip and won't be able to check my database until later in the week. Off the top of my head I believe this is how North Metro Fire is setup:

North Metro Fire:
-The dispatch channel is on both systems.
-Ops-B is only used on DTRS (i.e. Broomfield)
-Ops-A is only used on FRCC

I have recently seen Rocky Mountain Fire on both DTRS & FRCC. I am guessing they have a similar setup to North Metro Fire; some groups are exclusive to each system while others are used on both.

Steve2003

I just ran a query on the SQL database for my site, this should help clear up some confusion as to which Talkgroup is on which system:

20140520_FRCC522_DTRS105_TGID_Compare.pdf

In order for a talkgroup to show up in this report it must have been logged as a grant log on either DTRS site 105 (Thorodin) or FRCC site 522 (Adams County Simulcast) between 5/5/2014 and 5/19/2014. (Note that both sites were logged off-and-on during this time).

Kudos to those who have provided me with their Pro96Com/Unitrunker logs for analysis.

EDIT: looks like I was wrong about Rocky Mountain Fire, they appear to be exclusive to DTRS (at least TGIDs 9111 & 9112). Mountain View Fire (TG 9113) is on FRCC. Also, it looks like North Metro Fire's Admin channel (TGID 10) is exclusively on DTRS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.