Northglenn C/G

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfab

120th/I-25- Chopper go with officers o/s req at least 2 ambulances and immediate chopper go. Officer reporting poss 2 DOA's.

O/F-DTRS Northglenn PD 1 (TGID 20) North Metro Ops A(TGID 7)
Fern(154.2800)

Last edited:

jfab

U/D- Add Thornton PD (11) and CSP for assistance shutting down SB I-25 to land chopper. Started out as a disturbance with weapons. NFI.

Todd-NG

The 2 DOA's were teenagers that were in the back seat of the car when it was rear ended. Sounding like their father that was driving was possibly DUI. After the accident the father severely beat the driver of the other vehicle to the point that he was listed as a "RED" patient at the time of transport.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
KUSA is reporting this may have started as a road rage incident after the Nuggets game last night.

Jim<

jfab

NORTHGLENN - Police are asking for help as they investigate a possible road rage incident that killed two people overnight.

The crash happened just after midnight on northbound Interstate 25, near 104th Avenue.

However, Northglenn Police believe this all started out at the Pepsi Center. There was a Nuggets game there last night.

Police have some information from witnesses. They tell police they saw two vehicles: a green Chevy Blazer and a blue Ford Taurus traveling together on northbound I-25.

"It possibly could be some type of road rage," said Sgt. Rick Kellogg of the Northglenn Police Department. "We have some witnesses that say they saw two vehicles coming down northbound I-25 together."

Police say around 104th Avenue, the blazer rear-ended the Taurus. Authorities say the impact killed the two people in the backseat of the Taurus. The driver and a passenger in front survived.

Authorities say there were two people in the Blazer. The driver was taken to the hospital. There has been no word on that person's condition.

Police think the Taurus may have been slowing down when it was rear-ended.

Investigators believe alcohol was a factor in this crash. Right now they are not releasing the names or ages of anyone involved.

Northglenn Police are asking for help in their investigation. They're asking anyone who saw these two vehicles at the Pepsi Center last night or on northbound I-25 to please give them a call.

(Copyright KUSA*TV, All Rights Reserved)

Status
Not open for further replies.