Northside (San Antonio) ISD Police change coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas3

Heard a NISD bond presentation last night, and the video mentioned $1,000,000 for police communication upgrades that would help officers communicate with other Bexar County agencies. Could they be moving from their ( hard to follow?) LTR Passport system to the Bexar County ProVoice system? Anyone have the scoop?

Now that I have my Frankenputer rigged to monitor the ProVoice system, this change would be good for me!

NC5267

Odds are they are going to the provoice system. SAISD and NEISD PD's made the swith awhile back. I had heard they were suppose to switch a long time ago but money as always was the problem. Coverage wise switching to the city/county system is the best move because of the size of the district as well as interop with PD, SO and other agencies.

nicknpd

Premium Subscriber
I was the original communications manager for the LTR Passport system (which I was completely opposed to by the way), but the argument that an entire Passport system for police and campus administration (855 radios in the initial purchase) for the same cost as just EDACS radios for the police department, with the access charges SAPD was charging at the time, is what drove the decision the way it went.

Fast forward almost 7 years now, and with the cost reduction in access to the city/county system, it would make sense to me. I definitely hope they're going the P25 route.

phoboss1

Premium Subscriber
NISD

NISD PD has moved to SABexar County EDACS System..

phoboss1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update phoboss! It would be great if you can add this information to the database.

I submitted this info to the data base.
from what i know they have NPD Patrol talk group,NPD Campus, NPD TAC1, NPD TAC2.
I don't know what the talk group ID's are i would need somebody to scan them.

Status
Not open for further replies.