Norwalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
OK so I already have some calls in to a few people, but I figured I'd check here first and foremast as we have Chris, Keith and Jon who know just about every move that's made before pen even hits paper (trust me the 3 of you that is def a compliment). So I got an email today asking if I had heard that Norwalk is going digital. So the question is, are they? I mean I can see them going that way as M is telling everyone digital is the way to go, I've also heard that some sales people are actually saying that in order to be narrow band compliant, you have to be digital, but I'll leave that part alone. I did notice though that it's well after the rebanding took place and Norwalk PD at least are still chugging away on their old pre-rebanded freqs, so I imagine they might be catching a bit of flack. So did anyone here anything about this?

***NOTE***
NM answered my own question they changed a few things around but looks like rebanding plus some new freqs.

Last edited:

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
OK so I already have some calls in to a few people, but I figured I'd check here first and foremast as we have Chris, Keith and Jon who know just about every move that's made before pen even hits paper (trust me the 3 of you that is def a compliment). So I got an email today asking if I had heard that Norwalk is going digital. So the question is, are they? I mean I can see them going that way as M is telling everyone digital is the way to go, I've also heard that some sales people are actually saying that in order to be narrow band compliant, you have to be digital, but I'll leave that part alone. I did notice though that it's well after the rebanding took place and Norwalk PD at least are still chugging away on their old pre-rebanded freqs, so I imagine they might be catching a bit of flack. So did anyone here anything about this?

***NOTE***
NM answered my own question they changed a few things around but looks like rebanding plus some new freqs.

Just rebanding the 3 channels they have. Its all done as of today.

APX7500X2

Just the 3 channels yes.........BUT......One of the 3 on the talk around side is now Encrypted for tactical use.
That being said I did see some norwalk PD officers with HT1000s still (yes HT1000s)
So Maybe they will go digital but they have some replacements still to do.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
This is from the February meeting agenda of the Norwalk Common Council.

2. Authorize the Purchasing Agent to execute a purchase order, on behalf of the
Norwalk Police Department, to Motorola, under State Contract #A-99-001, for the
purchase of fifty seven (57) Encrypted Motorola XTS2500 radios, chargers, and back up
batteries not to exceed $121,234.

I hope they do not go encrypted on their dispatch channel!

Dave

daves21lax

Out of curiosity, is it still possible to listen to NPD? I tried reprogramming my scanner with the -15 mhz steps but still no transmissions. Thanks for the help.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
You should hear them on the new rebanded frequencies. For now they are still using a PL of 110.9 but that will go away when they go digital.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
853.775 110.9 F1
852.6375 110.9 F2
853.2875 110.9 F3
For now they are still using the PL but they will be switching to digital in the future. Could be encryption also. We will have to wait and see.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
Correction to above Channels F2 and F3 should be swapped.

Correct channels are as follows.
853.775 F1 PL110.9
853.2875 F2 PL110.9
852.6375 F3 PL110.9

I have submitted this info for a database update.

daves21lax

Would the change in frequencies cause reception to drop at all? I used to get NPD loud and clear, now not a single transmission since the change. Could the Pl have changed?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
It should not have changed. Check to make sure you did not turn on the antenuator or something. I am in Norwalk and have no problem hearing them.

GMAN62465

Premium Subscriber
Norwalk CT PD

Correction to above Channels F2 and F3 should be swapped.

Correct channels are as follows.
853.775 F1 PL110.9
853.2875 F2 PL110.9
852.6375 F3 PL110.9

I have submitted this info for a database update.

Hey there guys... Was wondering if there were any "local guys" around

What about these channels?

0868.7750 Norwalk PD 1
0867.6375 Norwalk PD 2
0868.2875 Norwalk PD 3

This is what I am currently using and seems fine on my BC 396xt and BC 996xt without any issues.

Anyone happen to have a copy of the radio codes for the Norwalk PD that you would be willing to share?

Thanks in advance

GMAN62465

ecps92

the 866-868 are the old channels. ReBanding [Sprint/Nextel] moved them all down by 15 Mhz

Hey there guys... Was wondering if there were any "local guys" around

What about these channels?

0868.7750 Norwalk PD 1
0867.6375 Norwalk PD 2
0868.2875 Norwalk PD 3

This is what I am currently using and seems fine on my BC 396xt and BC 996xt without any issues.

Anyone happen to have a copy of the radio codes for the Norwalk PD that you would be willing to share?

Thanks in advance

GMAN62465

Billykid05

Thank you, need help

Thank you for being on top of this...re: Norwalk PD frequency changes. I am a Norwalk resident
and use my scanner primarily for aviation transmissions since my hobby is Flight Simulation..however I switch to Norwalk PD and FD every time I hear a siren close by.

I "mistakenly" told my wife Norwalk PD has gone digital and we would need a digital scanner to continue
receiving dispatches.. I truly thought that was the case these past few days...anyway, found this thread, followed the instructions and all is 5 X 5 (right now). To my complete shock and dismay I have a green light to purchase a Digital Scanner and the window of oppt'y will be short...I fully understand that NPD may/may not encrypt but I will hedge the latter.

I request from you some model numbers of a Portable Digital Scanner (with similar features to my Uniden Bearcat 245XLT trunk Traker II) features like Trunk capable, portable, trustworthy) and a model that is available now!!. Even if you don't have hands on experience with a port scanner but have your eye on it, please give me a shout...I am asking in this thread because of Dave520's post re: the radio's Norwalk PD is/are purchasing. (Motorola XTS2500) I would like a scanner that is compatible with the infrastructure supporting those radios (if it's a factor, probably not). Thank you in advance!! Billykid05

mkaminski1

daves21lax-
Sorry for posting here, but this is the only way I could figure out to contact you. I was trying to get the Darien and New Canaan FD feed that you have up, but everything is just silent. Do you think you could put up a general Darien EMS/police/FD, etc...feed? Let me know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.