norwalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOLEBILLY

Is Norwalk still on 460.450? I havent heard any traffic from norwalk in a few days.Also anybody know of ashland county going Marcs. Thank you

HOLEBILLY

Norwalk pd is now on 155.5650 I had not heard them in 2 or 3 weeks and thought they changed freqs and on a seaech I found them on 155.5650.

SCPD

QRT
Norwalk pd is now on 155.5650 I had not heard them in 2 or 3 weeks and thought they changed freqs and on a seaech I found them on 155.5650.

Yes, Norwalk PD has changed over to VHF to be on the same band as everyone else in the county. I believe fire has also or is switching to VHF soon. From what I understand the VHF radios they're using now were donated from Allen County Sheriff/Lima PD/fire ect. since they've moved to digital MARCS and no longer have use for them.

*another note for Huron County* Also there is rumor that all agencies in Huron County will be moving to MARCS digital radio system in the future, but at this time they "cannot secure the funds to do so".

STEW

Norwalk PD and FD have both switched. All of Huron County is now on VHF except North Central EMS who is on UHF. All freqs are correct in the current database.

As for MARCS in Huron County - it will be a long time before that happens within the county if ever according to most.

SCPD

QRT
It makes me happy to see old analog radios being donated by departments that no longer have need for them. So, I bet this was very little if no cost to taxpayers I would assume; that's great! What model radios were donated to the department? Thanks.

Also, has UHF been taken offline already? I've heard not even in a key-up in about a month. My friend is a firefighter for a department in Huron County and his UHF portable doesn't even activate the UHF repeaters anymore! That was a quick switch!

*** what is the PL for the new law dispatch? Thanks!

*** is 46.06000 still used? I've never heard anything on it.

Last edited:

STEW

Correct it has all been switched over and the UHF is offline and most have been removed from service from what I understand. As for donated radios - I am not sure about that I know money was provided by HC-EMA thought a homeland security grant! When I saw one of the norwalk radios it looked like it was new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.