Norwich Arrest for Radio use

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Mutch turned himself in this afternoon on a warrant charging him with second-degree breach of peace, first-degree reckless endangerment, and first-degree falsely reporting an incident.

He was arrested for the above charges, not "radio use". The radio was an item he used to facilitate his crime. I wonder if any of those charges are felonies.

To answer the question, Yes, 1st degree falsely reporting an incident is a class D felony.

Don't think he's a member here, and unfortunately I used to know him. He's a ham operator, and is on the qrz forums. maybe if he's convicted of these charges, His license will be revoked.

Just FYI, This topic was already started elsewhere.

limoguy01

Keith Mutch

I know Keith. His amateur callsign is KB1RBI. He realizes that he did a very stupid thing,and he has publicly apologized for his mistake. I was disgusted with the whole thing, for I am somewhat of an "Elmer" to him in regards to the Amateur Radio hobby.

Regards,

Bill C.
W1ICH

car54whereru

To answer the question, Yes, 1st degree falsely reporting an incident is a class D felony.

Don't think he's a member here, and unfortunately I used to know him. He's a ham operator, and is on the qrz forums. maybe if he's convicted of these charges, His license will be revoked.

Just FYI, This topic was already started elsewhere.

What happens when you are convicted of your felony bomb making charges? Will you give up your license?

kb1rbi was charged with a misdemeanor. Then again, given your past criminal history and current charges, you're the expert on getting arrested.

What happens when you are convicted of your felony bomb making charges? Will you give up your license?

kb1rbi was charged with a misdemeanor. Then again, given your past criminal history and current charges, you're the expert on getting arrested.

Hello again Keith. I'm figuring you're fairly upset, Understandable, But that's no reason to shift the focus. Since that seems to be the trend, I would like to ask the MODERATOR to either remove this thread or lock it down.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
hmmmm.....if WalMart was using FRS or GMRS frequencies for the store operations, wouldn't they also be subject to charges? If it's one of the GMRS frequencies and he has a GMRS license, wouldn't his transmission be legal and any transmission the business made based on his transmission be illegal, and not constitute "making a false report", as the people that acted on that report were illegally using the frequency?

I also find it coincidental that KB1RBH and KB1RBI are so close together.......must have sat next to each other at the VE

Murstech

Walmart uses 154.6 mhz and thats a MURS channel so they arent breaking any laws.
If the FCC becomes involved they probably wouldnt even bother the guys licence. They will fine him as if he were a citizen violating MURS regulations. They probably wont get involved though. I would think if he is convicted Walmart will have a civil case against him. And police too for that matter. After all he is responsible for any money lost on this false report.

Status
Not open for further replies.